The Queen of the South thread

He can't play for anyone in the UK until January at a level which uses windows anyway (he could play Lowland League or below as they don't use them).

He will be able to start coaching elsewhere though?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He will be able to start coaching elsewhere though?

Of course he would yeah, though he's running his own coaching business already which gets a lot of publicity. Was there a piece on him on Soccer AM yesterday? They were certainly filming with him this week but I don't know when it's due to air.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A bit like Dobbie you could see he was a class above the rest.  After an early burst of energy and some decent touches and passes when he came on though,  he drifted out of the game in the later stages.  Match fitness is obviously not up there yet.  The question is will he ever be really fit enough to get longer spells in a game. 

Agree with this. Have to say though that Lyle often gets overlooked when the plaudits are being handed out. He brought real quality yesterday at a point when it was sorely needed. A super player.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A bit like Dobbie you could see he was a class above the rest.  After an early burst of energy and some decent touches and passes when he came on though,  he drifted out of the game in the later stages.  Match fitness is obviously not up there yet.  The question is will he ever be really fit enough to get longer spells in a game. 

3 hours ago, louisxiv said:

Bit heavy, bit slow but some nice touches. I was thinking watching him that the amount of game time he gets will depend on what he manages to produce on the park and vice versa. Same could be said of all players I guess but can't help but wonder if it's all a bit late for Faddy. Hope I'm wrong.  

Cheers. Sort of to be expected then given the lack of match fitness. Hopefully he can really build from it.

Just seen the highlights of the goals, both were crackers!

All the interviews were very good all upbeat.
Naysmith is always good but this week it was really good to listen to what McFadden thinks he can bring to Queens  then Andy Stirling what a interview just says it the way it is .All 3 talk a good game 

What's your obsession with James McFadden ..?

Asking for a Perth Saints supporting mate, Chris Kane, early impressions?

Works hard and makes some decent runs off the ball. Certainly can't fault his application but he doesn't look like a player dropping down a league. He has been given a fair amount of game time sometimes at the expense of Derek Lyle which I am sure Lyle will be questioning given the goals and assists that he provides as compared with Kane.

This is a big move for Kane in the context of his career - clearly he needs to impress here if he is to have any realistic chance of becoming a Premier regular.

I am hopeful that he will come good but he needs to up the ante or he will be warming our bench.