The Queen of the South thread

Disappointed we didn't take three points today after coming back after the substitutions. Shame we didn't manage to get it together on the deck for much of the game as high balls in to Dobbie was never going to work given the size of their defenders. Even Del with his spring heels was struggling. Both goals were beauties though and an away point on a day when there were lots of draws will have to do. Other teams will struggle to take much away from Livingston. Congrats to Lyle for equalling Andy T's tally. More to come I'm sure. 

Wish him well tbh and glad he's left when he would be well within his rights to stay.

His antics were ridiculous last season but he's been far from the worst GK we've had at the club.

The best thing about this news is that Besty will now f£ck off and for that reason alone I thank you Lee.

Robinson will be best remembered by me for the challenge cup final pen shoot out win v Partick, superb entertainment.
Wonder if this frees up a wage or has that already been taken by Mcfadden.

Hopefully a free wage for a cm!

I wish him well and will remember him fondly as a Queens player.

Last season wasn't great at times, but even then he was capable of great things on his day.

Over the piece, his contribution for us has been positive.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Last season wasn't great at times, but even then he was capable of great things on his day.

Not convinced tbh. Saw some great moments a la final at Livingston but don't think his heart has been with the club for some time now. Bye bye Lee. I for one won't miss your wild kicks out to the left wing. 

1 hour ago, A-Mac said:

How did Faddy look?

Bit heavy, bit slow but some nice touches. I was thinking watching him that the amount of game time he gets will depend on what he manages to produce on the park and vice versa. Same could be said of all players I guess but can't help but wonder if it's all a bit late for Faddy. Hope I'm wrong.  

3 hours ago, A-Mac said:

How did Faddy look?

1 hour ago, louisxiv said:

Bit heavy, bit slow but some nice touches. I was thinking watching him that the amount of game time he gets will depend on what he manages to produce on the park and vice versa. Same could be said of all players I guess but can't help but wonder if it's all a bit late for Faddy. Hope I'm wrong.  

A bit like Dobbie you could see he was a class above the rest.  After an early burst of energy and some decent touches and passes when he came on though,  he drifted out of the game in the later stages.  Match fitness is obviously not up there yet.  The question is will he ever be really fit enough to get longer spells in a game. 

13 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Robinson will be best remembered by me for the challenge cup final pen shoot out win v Partick, superb entertainment.

Wonder if this frees up a wage or has that already been taken by Mcfadden.

Strange that Robinson was not released before the transfer window closed .

Does that not mean he can,t play for anyone till next season  

The Robinson release and the McFadden signing would to me have to be connected.

You would think getting older would make you a better goalkeeper but in Robinson case it was the opposite he really was a mad keeper who always seem to make the wrong decision 

I wish him all the best will never forget that pen. shoot out against  Thistle his madness that day win us the Cup !!!

13 hours ago, Flash said:

Good fucking riddance.

Absolutely shocking. Obviously not a real fan !

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totally agree.

Every member of that glorious double winning team deserve recognition and respect for all-time.

The abuse and criticism dished out to Robinson last season was scandalous and way over-the-top.

All the best to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

1 minute ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Absolutely shocking. Obviously not a real fan !

Totally agree.

Every member of that glorious double winning team deserve recognition and respect for all-time.

The abuse and criticism dished out to Robinson last season was scandalous and way over-the-top.

All the best to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

He's a professional footballer, stop acting like he's rescued children from a burning orphanage ffs. 

He did a good job for a while, went away and came back and did a less good job, leaving on a bitter note. People don't get passes for what they did 4 years ago in normal walks of life let alone a heartless industry like football. IMO there was some valid criticisms of his goalkeeping and the 4th spell just epitomised the decision making at the club from signing someone who had barely been in football recently on a 2 year deal when we had 2 similar goalkeepers there.

47 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Strange that Robinson was not released before the transfer window closed .

Does that not mean he can,t play for anyone till next season 

He can't play for anyone in the UK until January at a level which uses windows anyway (he could play Lowland League or below as they don't use them).