The Queen of the South thread

37 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

If there was budget available would of rather got Thomson but don't think McFadden will be a first team starter,Certainly not if the team keeps this form up

The Thomson transfer would be a lot more complicated, though, given hes just played a handful of games for Livi. He couldnt sign through until January and then we'd almost certainly have to commit to taking him again for the rest of the season.

16 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Thomson doesn't want to come to Queens?

You should be an Olympic long jumper with leaps like that ;)

59 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Just a general question, if somebody scores a goal, but is listed officially on the teamsheet as a "Trialist", then later signs official forms to become a member of the team, does his "Trialist" goal count towards his official record?

I dont see why it wouldnt. 

Great signing for Queens with Faddy. An experienced regular ex Scotland player, played at the highest level and single handedly beat France on their own turf with one of the best goals I've seen from a Scotland top. But yet again at 34 he's obviously not good enough to be playing at Queens according to some on here. He won't just provide depth but I'm sure he will also be able to pass his experience on to the younger members of the squad.

Good signing in my opinion. He's obviously proved his fitness and ability and the manager has seen him a lot in training to believe he's going to add something to the team. 

Think he should be given a chance before all this criticism. 

McFadden winner tomorrow to shut up the doubters! 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Alright, who else, in living memory or otherwise?

There must be loads - I'll throw in Pat McCluskey.

Don't think he played for Scotland. :unsure2:

I'll chuck Frank McGarvey in.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Don't think he played for Scotland. :unsure2:

I'll chuck Frank McGarvey in.

Did he not?

He was part of a drunken squad escapade in Denmark I think.  I assumed he'd been capped at some point.

You're right.  He only ever won under-23 caps.  Not only am I wrong, but I looked something up.  I feel truly dirty.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

The Thomson transfer would be a lot more complicated, though, given hes just played a handful of games for Livi. He couldnt sign through until January and then we'd almost certainly have to commit to taking him again for the rest of the season.

Yes, it would be more complicated now. But it could be the case that we didn't try to sign him because we were already committed to signing McFadden. Or, put another way, if we had signed Thomson, we wouldn't have been able to sign McFadden and Naysmith maybe didn't want to do that.

He could turn out to be a good signing. But, with a small squad, it is a gamble signing somebody who has doubtful fitness. Of course, it could be that we couldn't afford Thomson (or another player) anyway or we couldn't get anybody else that wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench most of the time.

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Yes, it would be more complicated now. But it could be the case that we didn't try to sign him because we were already committed to signing McFadden. Or, put another way, if we had signed Thomson, we wouldn't have been able to sign McFadden and Naysmith maybe didn't want to do that.

He could turn out to be a good signing. But, with a small squad, it is a gamble signing somebody who has doubtful fitness. Of course, it could be that we couldn't afford Thomson (or another player) anyway or we couldn't get anybody else that wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench most of the time.

It could also be that the two things are totally unrelated