The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I didn't say devastation. I don't remember the details but I'm sure their fans were complaining on here about never hearing from the rep and never being able to get in contact with them amongst other things.

At the end of the day, if the whole process falls short of fans expectations it risks damaging the relationship with the club. I'm not saying it's a reason never to do it just that it isn't risk free.

Good God!

And yet the club survived this onslaught of ill fortune.

If that's the best you've got, I'm not sure that such "risk" is worth mentioning at all.

29 minutes ago, JTulip said:

The clubs who have Supporter Representation and some of the benefits this can bring...

http://www.scottishsupporters.net/fan-representation/fan-representatives/

That's all very well, but what if the person in question is ever a wee bit tricky to get a hold of?

Can you imagine the carnage that would result?

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Clubs are only allowed to provide live streams to fans outside of the UK.

Why is that?

Offering audio could be a good starting point, plus wouldn't have the same costs as running a live video stream.

2 hours ago, Jimbig said:

Is it not very obvious that the directors at this club at present are also Queens fans. This is not  a club where there are mega bucks from being a director. Probably the exact opposite in fact. Supporters pay their money at the gate their financial responsibilities end there really. While it would be great that some responsible supporters form some form of representation that could discuss some issues with the directors 2 or 3 times a season. That would be the way forward and just might be acceptable to the board. I can not ever see a director who has invested monies being happy with or discussing financial or confidential information on the clubs affairs with some representative who has no such responsibilities. 

Out of interest, how much has the chairman invested in the club?

19 minutes ago, Flash said:

Out of interest, how much has the chairman invested in the club?

Again how much he or anybody for that matter invests is his or hers personal business and thiers alone. You can ask as there is no harm in asking - you may however not be too pleased with the reply !! -  Or invest and join the board, maybe then you are entitled to ask that personal question and get a confidential answer.

its business and they are running a business so if you want to know all the ins and outs you would need to be a business partner. Simple as!

14 minutes ago, Jimbig said:

Again how much he or anybody for that matter invests is his or hers personal business and thiers alone. You can ask as there is no harm in asking - you may however not be too pleased with the reply !! -  Or invest and join the board, maybe then you are entitled to ask that personal question and get a confidential answer.

its business and they are running a business so if you want to know all the ins and outs you would need to be a business partner. Simple as!

So these people get absolute power due to all that money they've ploughed in, but nobody on the outside is entitled to know anything about that money?

Good God!
And yet the club survived this onslaught of ill fortune.

If that's the best you've got, I'm not sure that such "risk" is worth mentioning at all.

I'm not sure if why you're resorting to such hyperbole. You said it couldn't do any harm, I'm saying that I don't believe that is true.
Why is that?
Offering audio could be a good starting point, plus wouldn't have the same costs as running a live video stream.

Because the league doesn't allow it.

I'm not convinced the demand is there for an audio commentary. It would be nice to do but needs, probably, 3 people to volunteer to do it.

I am not convinced by having a fan rep attending board meetings, all our directors are fans of the club and two have even played for the club in their day. The communication from the club needs improved dramatically this isn't a new issue as it's been pretty poor for years. One thing that does piss me off is if you have a debate with a representative of most clubs they dismiss any opinion you have as your not deemed a 'football person' and I would include QOS in that.

Great interview.

It is. I remember​ reading it at the time and thinking how much of that could be applied to Queens.

I also read another interesting article a couple of weeks ago, mainly about Man City's new glass tunnel but it also talked about the importance of the "experience" . I'll stick a link up later if I can find it again.

Just caught up on the last couple of pages. Couple of points/suggestions..

To try and increase gates how about making use of the pitch and adding a bit of novelty have Heston play their league game at noon. That way people can watch two games for the price of one. (May appeal to away fans also)

Copy st mirrens idea of
having a beer tent and bbq outside the ground before and after the match, perhaps even have some local bands playing in it. Not an idea for every week but against a Brechin or a Dumbarton at home perhaps.

I see Hearts have teamed up with Edinburgh Rugby recently offering joint ticket deals.
Would it even be feasible to have the saints or the recently formed american football team to play at noon.

I think we're in a slightly different position though. We already have a number of email addresses from other sources and things like season tickets, hospitality customers etc would be built up over time, rather than one huge job.

It must be a pretty comprehensive email if it takes that long to put together. A newsletter type email might be worth looking into but I think we have easier things that could be done and put together a lot easier.

To get this system off and running could a subscibe option be put on the site and rather than the laborious task of creating a newsletter the pdf of the previous weeks programme be sent out?
I wouldn't have thought it would dampen sales too much and if it does scrap it and you've still got your system populated.

To get this system off and running could a subscibe option be put on the site and rather than the laborious task of creating a newsletter the pdf of the previous weeks programme be sent out?
I wouldn't have thought it would dampen sales too much and if it does scrap it and you've still got your system populated.

There's been an option to subscribe to mailing lists on the website for a year, at least.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I'm not sure if why you're resorting to such hyperbole. You said it couldn't do any harm, I'm saying that I don't believe that is true.

It's because I believe that the objections to fan representation tend to be utterly spurious and your posts on the subject have illustrated that quite beautifully.

If the best example of "harm" you have is the one you've provided, I don't see that my belief is in much trouble.

2 hours ago, Jimbig said:

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So these people get absolute power due to all that money they've ploughed in, but nobody on the outside is entitled to know anything about that money?

They are of course, as most businesses, accountable to shareholders so not quite as you say.

It's because I believe that the objections to fan representation tend to be utterly spurious and your posts on the subject have illustrated that quite beautifully.

If the best example of "harm" you have is the one you've provided, I don't see that my belief is in much trouble.

I haven't provided any objections, in fact I quite specifically said I wasn't saying it should never be done.

I also haven't provided any examples of "harm" . All I said is what I remember the raith fans saying on here. I guess you'd have to ask them what, if any, actual harm their was to the relationship with the club.

Your original point was that it couldn't do any harm. With any change that's blatantly not true.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I haven't provided any objections, in fact I quite specifically said I wasn't saying it should never be done.

I also haven't provided any examples of "harm" . All I said is what I remember the raith fans saying on here. I guess you'd have to ask them what, if any, actual harm their was to the relationship with the club.

Your original point was that it couldn't do any harm. With any change that's blatantly not true.

I don't see that this change could do much.

You absolutely offered the Raith situation as an example of the "risk" attached to such a move and the "harm" it could do.

You're current backtracking on it is probably wise.