The Queen of the South thread

This. I said after the Airdrie game that he looked a bit nervous and a bit raw. I was worried about him coming up against a more experienced striker but he strolled through the game yesterday and topped it off with another goal.
He's still third choice behind Brownlie and Fordyce, for me anyway, but hes the best third choice centre back we've had for some time

It's good to hear. By all accounts hes very highly thought of by Saints, and the decision to loan him out and keep two other youngster centre halves was because he has the most potential so would be the biggest waste to be sitting in the stand.

His goals record for East Fife was pretty incredible tbh, think he got eight goals in a season for them.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What was our away strip in the Le Coq Sportif days?  And what did we wear when we changed out of the terrible, terrible Alex Wilson kit?  

I can't remember at all, but feel that I should?

In fact, come to think of it, what was the Pizzeria away kit like?

I seem to have a five year blank.  Christ, this is happening too much these days.

The first Le Coq Sportif home kit was 96/97 with Open University but we retained the yellow and navy striped away kit that season which was Matchwinner I think.

97/98 was also Le Coq and had an all white away kit.

Pizzeria season was 98/99. The away kit that season was all white too.

Good work on the Alex Wilson front.
Is the stripy one not the Fila away strip from the promotion season? 
That is a cracking site, but as you say, not good on away strips.  I might have struggled a bit with the Rangers socks too.  I see they made a comeback in the 50s.  Do we need to revive them to get into the top tier again?  

Yeah the stripes were for both Armstrongs and Positive Response if I remember correctly. Hence my lack of confidence. In my minds eye I've placed Pizzeria on that design and it looks no too bad even though I highly doubt it's accurate [emoji38]

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The first Le Coq Sportif home kit was 96/97 with Open University but we retained the yellow and navy striped away kit that season which was Matchwinner I think.

97/98 was also Le Coq and had an all white away kit.

Pizzeria season was 98/99. The away kit that season was all white too.

Makes sense.  

Now you say it, I do remember winning 4-3 at Stranraer at New Year, probably in '98 in what must have been the Le Coq Sportif all white one.  

I've still got no recollection of a white Pizzeria one though? 

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Makes sense.  

Now you say it, I do remember winning 4-3 at Stranraer at New Year, probably in '98 in what must have been the Le Coq Sportif all white one.  

I've still got no recollection of a white Pizzeria one though? 

If truth be told neither do I. I looked up the graphic for away kit that season in the SFL review book. We possibly rarely wore it if ever. I cant find any photos and looking at the fixture list we had no dark blue shirted opponents that season. We did have ICT who were probably in blue and red but I am presuming you probably didnt see us away in Inverness. We also had Forfar but could possibly have worn the home kit against a sky blue.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If truth be told neither do I. I looked up the graphic for away kit that season in the SFL review book. We possibly rarely wore it if ever. I cant find any photos and looking at the fixture list we had no dark blue shirted opponents that season. We did have ICT who were probably in blue and red but I am presuming you probably didnt see us away in Inverness. We also had Forfar but could possibly have worn the home kit against a sky blue.

No, I wouldn't have been at either of those away venues.

You would have been though.  Come on, think man - Damn you.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, I wouldn't have been at either of those away venues.

You would have been though.  Come on, think man - Damn you.

MT how would it be if we used the sign which previously displayed out of date fixtures to show random strips with the wrong date attached. I`d imagine you`d be cool with that. ;)

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

MT how would it be if we used the sign which previously displayed out of date fixtures to show random strips with the wrong date attached. I`d imagine you`d be cool with that. ;)

Yeah you know me.

I'm pretty easy going with that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

There sure is a lot of yellow in there SD from the early 90's onwards!!

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What you consider to be "our away colour" probably depends on your age. We never used yellow before the early 90's and then had a spell of using it more often than not for about a decade.

Uh huh. Not sure what your point is. We agreed that yesterday.