The Queen of the South thread

Which raises another point.  In the pre-match shoot-in the strikers,  and sometimes midfielders too,  take shots from about  the 18 yard line in line with  the centre of goal.  Surely it would be a good idea to practice shots from different angles. Also the number of times the target is missed in this practice session is amazing.  If you can't hit the target when you are under no pressure it doesn't bode well for doing it during the actual match.  

Cause most the players are trying to hit the top bag as there is no pressure

To be fair, the mascot race is a more prestigious honour than winning the Irn Bru Cup.  What Dougie lacks in intimidation he more than makes up in being completely rapid, only concerning thing is that an anthropomorphic Dog is probably faster than the majority of the first team...

4 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Chris Millar of St Johnstone has been told he is free to leave the club. With our recent business with Saints wonder if a deal could be in the pipeline. 

Joe Ledley still not found a club since being released by crystal palace i think we could offer a deal there if Ledley prepared to take a slight dip in pay. Football at our level is better than no football at all. But Millar seems more realistic.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Joe LedLesley,ill not found a club since being released by crystal palace i think we could offer a deal there if Ledley prepared to take a slight dip in pay. Football at our level is better than no football at all. But Millar seems more realistic.

Does Sir Stephen not play in the same team as Ledley, he could put in a good word for us?

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Does Sir Stephen not play in the same team as Ledley, he could put in a good word for us?

quick search reveals Dobbie was at crystal palace same time as ledley but spent his time out on loan. It might be worth a cheeky approach. Whats the worst that can happen he says no. 

Goodness me. Am I being whooshed here or are some people seriously suggesting we should be in for a current Welsh international who played pretty much every week he was fit in the English Premiership last year?

:wacko:

Edited to add "slight dip in pay". :lol:

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Goodness me. Am I being whooshed here or are some people seriously suggesting we should be in for a current Welsh international who played pretty much every week he was fit in the English Premiership last year?
:wacko:
Edited to add "slight dip in pay". [emoji38]

My first post was an attempted woosh but then the second post I think I was daydreaming of Ledley Lyle and Lyndon triangle. It's OK to daydream SD [emoji12]

Some of our fans aren't happy unless they are pissing their pants over something.  I'd imagine that would remain the case if we found ourselves in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Last season is of course a lesson in not getting carried away (we didn't then either), but things are looking good.  We are solid at the back and have goals throughout the team.  Given the scale of the job required I think Gary Naysmith has overhauled the squad very well, identifying our weak areas and strengthening them.  He has shown a good amount of tactical nous and flexibilty so far, and the signs are good that he has the ability to coach and improve players as well.  Examples of that being Brownlie and Marshall who look improved players this season, and Carmichael who seems to have been given a new lease of life in a slightly different role.  It sounds like Dykes had a good game today by all accounts as well.

Of course we could just keep on slagging him off for signing Mercer, which does no-one any favours.  Just whatever suits.

Every manager makes bad decisions or signs bad players so he shouldn't be held to ransom too much over Mercer. All his other signings have looked good. This thread will probably be quiet tonight because the doom merchants will have nothing to moan about. What an outstanding result today! Praise where its due please. 

9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Some of our fans aren't happy unless they are pissing their pants over something.  I'd imagine that would remain the case if we found ourselves in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Last season is of course a lesson in not getting carried away (we didn't then either), but things are looking good.  We are solid at the back and have goals throughout the team.  Given the scale of the job required I think Gary Naysmith has overhauled the squad very well, identifying our weak areas and strengthening them.  He has shown a good amount of tactical nous and flexibilty so far, and the signs are good that he has the ability to coach and improve players as well.  Examples of that being Brownlie and Marshall who look improved players this season, and Carmichael who seems to have been given a new lease of life in a slightly different role.  It sounds like Dykes had a good game today by all accounts as well.

Of course we could just keep on slagging him off for signing Mercer, which does no-one any favours.  Just whatever suits.

You're getting carried away.