The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, Weewull said:

I see that 2 of queens directors were at the match last night.The chairman no doubt had better things to do

I'd be more interested in if the manager or his assistant were there. Two-thirds of the board were there so I suppose the Chairman would get a report.  No doubt the Chairman did have other business,  I've no idea,   but it's hardly worth  getting upset or sarcastic about. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'd be more interested in if the manager or his assistant were there. Two-thirds of the board were there so I suppose the Chairman would get a report.  No doubt the Chairman did have other business,  I've no idea,   but it's hardly worth  getting upset or sarcastic about. 

Maybe the manager was away at another 20's game scouting!

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Can any Queens fans give an honest opinion on how big Shaun Rooney is settling in at Queens so far. 

Big strong full back who has looked better going forward than defensively at times. Scored a great header at Stenhousemuir in the league cup and then grabbed another goal in the irn bru cup V Airdrie. He has looked very composed with the ball at his feet which was maybe a surprise to some of us. He is knowhere near the finished article but looks like he will hold down the right back position for the season. He did give away probably one of the stupidiest fouls I have seen resulting in a penalty on his debut but maybe got off fairly lightly with it being his debut and also the fact he put us infront late on. 

1 minute ago, Broony88 said:

Big strong full back who has looked better going forward than defensively at times. Scored a great header at Stenhousemuir in the league cup and then grabbed another goal in the irn bru cup V Airdrie. He has looked very composed with the ball at his feet which was maybe a surprise to some of us. He is knowhere near the finished article but looks like he will hold down the right back position for the season. He did give away probably one of the stupidiest fouls I have seen resulting in a penalty on his debut but maybe got off fairly lightly with it being his debut and also the fact he put us infront late on. 

He's a good friend and worked beside me as an apprentice engineer while playing for Queens Park. He's a cracking lad and deserves to be a success as he works and trains hard. Mad as a brush but he's starting to show a bit more maturity these days. 

13 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I'd say that's pretty much bang.  I'm a big fan of his rampaging runs, and the additional height he brings to the team has been another welcome addition.

15 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

He's a good friend and worked beside me as an apprentice engineer while playing for Queens Park. He's a cracking lad and deserves to be a success as he works and trains hard. Mad as a brush but he's starting to show a bit more maturity these days. 

This. Very much this. He's a character and has fitted in straight away like he has been here for years. Nice family too.

Excellent on the ball and attacking set pieces. Has a good long throw on him too. I do worry about him when facing a pacy winger though. McMullan killed him for 20 minutes before losing the plot and getting sent off and the prospect of him facing Lewis Morgan gives me the fear.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. Very much this. He's a character and has fitted in straight away like he has been here for years. Nice family too.

Excellent on the ball and attacking set pieces. Has a good long throw on him too. I do worry about him when facing a pacy winger though. McMullan killed him for 20 minutes before losing the plot and getting sent off and the prospect of him facing Lewis Morgan gives me the fear.

Maybe we should get Mercer back in to face Morgan ? 

Looks a good signing to me - loves to get forward and is a big threat at set pieces.Looks decent on the ball.

Not quite sure why he has found it tough when wingers run at him because he is pacy, strong and athletic but he sometimes looks as though he is dying to make a rash lunge.If he gets skinned best to avoid contact at all costs and rely on teammates to clear the danger.

Overall though I would always want my full backs to be able to attack constructively and for me he looks promising.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Assume he's not actually played for you guys yet? Weird one getting called up without any actual game time.

Played and scored against Airdrie.

Edited by Flash

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He didn't enjoy his time at the Pars but was a regular at York city where he made a winning appearance at Wembley. This is a great chance for him to establish himself at Queens and he's very determined to take his chance.