The Queen of the South thread

I think we have plenty of cover for wide areas. We've arguably got 4 strikers. 3 CB's should be enough and we have 2 RB's. LB could be a problem if Marshall were to get injured of suspended but given neither has been a problem in the past then I wouldn't be too thrilled with a LB coming in.

An attacking CM is genuinely the only area I think we require an addition. Rankin has been OK recently but is he going to manage 90 minutes every game? Tapping is still a worry for me injury wise given his previous luck. If we brought in an attacking mid my confidence would grow tenfold for the season. The worry is Naysmith is on record saying it's not what he thinks. Hopefully just a massive troll by him!

I think we have plenty of cover for wide areas. We've arguably got 4 strikers. 3 CB's should be enough and we have 2 RB's. LB could be a problem if Marshall were to get injured of suspended but given neither has been a problem in the past then I wouldn't be too thrilled with a LB coming in.

An attacking CM is genuinely the only area I think we require an addition. Rankin has been OK recently but is he going to manage 90 minutes every game? Tapping is still a worry for me injury wise given his previous luck. If we brought in an attacking mid my confidence would grow tenfold for the season. The worry is Naysmith is on record saying it's not what he thinks. Hopefully just a massive troll by him!

I'd like a winger but think we're in need of a more creative player in middle of park also. Be interesting to see who it is, I was told last week there could be anything up to 4 brought in, so shall see. Last would be McFadden if money was still available.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We already do this. Naysmith made the point in his interview after the double loan signing from St Johnstone that one of the attractions from Saints point of view was that we send them video analysis of the players every week.

Given that we train in Hamilton though we're not really geographically any more advantaged than any other central belt team in terms of taking English players on loan. They would probably need to live in the central belt anyway. The biggest issue would probably be a requirement to meet their accommodation and travel costs rather than the actual wages. I would presume if an English team was happy to send a player up here to get games they probably wouldn't want much more than a nominal contribution to wages. They'd also want them to play regularly obviously so you'd need a young player from an English club who was definitely better than what you already have but not good enough to be involved regularly for the English side at first team level. Clearly that's feasible (Ayr had a couple of boys from Blackpool a few years ago for instance) but it's not necessarily something easily achieved at a full time side. We do however have a manager with good contacts in England so you never know.

It is debateable whether he has good contacts in England as not once has he used them to attract a player north be it at East Fife or Queens. Suppose you could argue Shaun Rooney but I feel a guy who is from here and who has very recently played up here with Dunfermline he would have been easily noticeable to all managers up here. I have a while ago heard Zanatta from Hearts  but we will see. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty sure Marshall was out for a few weeks with an injury last season. Mercer covered there in some games and Higgins probably got back in the team to cover that position too. I'm not sure who in the current squad apart from Mercer could play there. Having said that, if we were to sign someone I would like to see an attacking midfielder.

Pretty sure Marshall was out for a few weeks with an injury last season. Mercer covered there in some games and Higgins probably got back in the team to cover that position too. I'm not sure who in the current squad apart from Mercer could play there. Having said that, if we were to sign someone I would like to see an attacking midfielder.

Aye right enough. I assume it would be Mercer who slots in as well. I've changed my mind, we need a LB...

11 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I'd like a player like Aidan Nesbitt. Young, quick and very direct. He can make things happen, especially out of nowhere.

That is who I would  like but it looks like he is going back to Morton on loan 

I thought Stirling would have been that kind of player but I suppose it is early days yet Dumbarton fans say that he was poor to start with last season then came on to a good game.

11 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

I'd like a winger but think we're in need of a more creative player in middle of park also. Be interesting to see who it is, I was told last week there could be anything up to 4 brought in, so shall see. Last would be McFadden if money was still available.

I take it McFadden is still training with us ?

19 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Latest @OfficialQOSfc matchday update sign , wait for the comments !!! ;)

IMG_1712.JPG

Three points on Saturday and I saw the updated sign.

I now only need a Euromillions jackpot win and a bl*wj*b off Mila Kunis and my life will be complete.