The Queen of the South thread

People moaning about the game yesterday and one guy saying the defeat was "soul destroying;"

Did you guys actually watch the game?

A little disappointing not to take something from the ten men but we were away to everyone's favourites, dominated after the sending off, were denied a penalty and had Kane miss when through on goal. Hardly soul destroying!

This is part of the problem that we have " away to everyone's favourites". It almost sounds as though we can't possibly win there and should be programmed accordingly. Much better to default to the unlucky loser tag.

We get handed a massive opportunity by McMullan's petulance - the advantage that a team has 11 v 10 for fully an hour is HUGE especially after their midweek exertions.

We played very well in second half and it was encouraging to see us attack relentlessly and really go for the win.Even when we play so well we still somehow come away with nothing.

Soul destroying probably not but disappointing and undoubtedly a massive missed opportunity - yes unequivocally.

Tapping was moved out wide early in the game to help Rooney deal with the runs of McMullan, it didn't work. When McMullan was red carded Tapping tried to push forward more but he struggled to take on players and get decent balls across. A game where things just didn't happen for him. I would say that was the reason he was hooked. 

Right, it's a quick turnaround required of that sign this week.

Edited to add that it's not been updated today.  I can't wait to hear who we've signed.

(PS I'll stop this tedious nonsense soon - I promise.)

Edited by Monkey Tennis

12 hours ago, JessieField said:

I wish the Board would give Monkey the full time post of looking after that bloody sign!

No, no.  I don't want to actively be of actual help.

Bitching from the sidelines is more my thing.

Anyway, there's no need.  The sign is now up to date, heralding Saturday's match.  On this particular subject I think I'll therefore make this my last post.

Guest TOPFITTER

24pi1ck.jpg

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, no.  I don't want to actively be of actual help.

Bitching from the sidelines is more my thing.

Anyway, there's no need.  The sign is now up to date, heralding Saturday's match.  On this particular subject I think I'll therefore make this my last post.

24pi1ck.jpg

7 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Can't help feeling a little excited about the prospect of a trip to Ireland or Wales... (Please move it to Sunday so that I can attend!)

Berwick it is then, maybe next round. ;)