The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Creditwherecredisdue said:

I'm not going to name names as I won't get involved in a slagging march, but there are a number of posters who just love to criticise everything.  Glad to say there are lots more positive ones. Just can't understand what pleasure the moaners get.

I don't see a disposition that defaults atutomatically to positivity as any more sensible than its opposite, to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see a disposition that defaults atutomatically to positivity as any more sensible than its opposite, to be honest. 

Each to his own I suppose. Just don't see what the pessimists get out of it. Would rather be optimistically realistic if that makes any sense.

3 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Said it before n ill say it again,3 at the back with Rooney and Marshall wingbacks and whatever selection of Strikers Gary wishes

Home to a team we realistically should be beating aslong as it doesn't end up 5 at the back then I'd be happy to see it.

cmon gaz m'man try it out,for me?

Fordyce and Brownlie have played well as a central defensive pair. Our weakness is out wide, so Im not sure why you'd want to play wingbacks with no one in front to give them at least some protection.

You then have only three attacking positions to fill. If we stick with 4-4-2 and play two wingers, we have four attacking positions.

I dont really see what benefits three at the back gives us right now

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Fordyce and Brownlie have played well as a central defensive pair. Our weakness is out wide, so Im not sure why you'd want to play wingbacks with no one in front to give them at least some protection.

You then have only three attacking positions to fill. If we stick with 4-4-2 and play two wingers, we have four attacking positions.

I dont really see what benefits three at the back gives us right now

They have Yes,Although against Brechin Rooney and Marshall done well coming further further but Dumbarton then again may not be the game to try it

Yes only three positions but likely one will be Danny or Even Dobbie in behind two Strikers which I find more effective, Personally I feel Dobbie Behind Lyle and Kane would be better than Stirling and Danny out wide with Lyle and Dobbie up top With full backs creating width staying wide?Whats your thoughts on that,No?

Suppose it's all just prefence and it's probaly a absolute shit idea but as of yet I've not realised yet

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

6 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

They have Yes,Although against Brechin Rooney and Marshall done well coming further further but Dumbarton then again may not be the game to try it

Yes only three positions but likely one will be Danny or Even Dobbie in behind two Strikers which I find more effective, Personally I feel Dobbie Behind Lyle and Kane would be better than Stirling and Danny out wide with Lyle and Dobbie up top With full backs creating width staying wide?Whats your thoughts on that,No?

Suppose it's all just prefence and it's probaly a absolute shit idea but as of yet I've not realised yet

Not for me. Dobbie already drops into deeper positions to get on the ball, but hes also pretty effective in and around the box

Edited by Mr X

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not for me. Dobbie already drops into deeper positions to get on the ball, but hes also pretty effective in and around the bo

Fair enough

Good that we are actually able to change formation though,Bench today there was no centre midfielders although not every week will All 3 play but still I'd say that is our priority now if any money is available.

43 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Fair enough

Good that we are actually able to change formation though,Bench today there was no centre midfielders although not every week will All 3 play but still I'd say that is our priority now if any money is available.

The bench looked strong for the first time this season. A full back, centre half and four good attacking options.

12 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

I thought Danny had a good game against Brechin, so maybe deserved to be on from the start, but I wasn't at the game, so I don't know how effective he was when he did come on.

I didnt see the Brechin game but he did make a difference today. I'd say he'd be very unlucky not to start on Tuesday.

Didn't think we looked so bad today despite losing to 10 men. Life goes on. Sad to say that Stephen looked off the pace and I had a sinking feeling when they took Lyle off and left him on. Not often I'd say it but I'd have left Lyle on and taken Dobbie off. For me the whole way the game went gives some credence to those who say we need another creative midfielder. No-one, on a Dobbie off day, looked like unpicking that defence today.

On the bright side, I thought Rankin played well and given we have a youthful defence both Fordyce and Brownlie deserve some credit for their performances. Jacobs continues to be solid too. There's a gap between midfield and the front though that needs filled and I'm not convinced Danny's the man to do it. Guess that's what everyone's been saying.

I'm not going to name names as I won't get involved in a slagging march, but there are a number of posters who just love to criticise everything.  Glad to say there are lots more positive ones. Just can't understand what pleasure the moaners get.

Some people will moan about the fact there is nothing to moan about. There is an ignore feature on here for just those people. Anyway the bad points of the club will always over ride the good points and that goes for anything. There is a lot of positivity around the club with its off field business, financial stability and certain player signings. I'm a relatively happy fan with the club

People moaning about the game yesterday and one guy saying the defeat was "soul destroying;"

Did you guys actually watch the game?

A little disappointing not to take something from the ten men but we were away to everyone's favourites, dominated after the sending off, were denied a penalty and had Kane miss when through on goal. Hardly soul destroying!

Didn't think we looked so bad today despite losing to 10 men. Life goes on. Sad to say that Stephen looked off the pace and I had a sinking feeling when they took Lyle off and left him on. Not often I'd say it but I'd have left Lyle on and taken Dobbie off. For me the whole way the game went gives some credence to those who say we need another creative midfielder. No-one, on a Dobbie off day, looked like unpicking that defence today.
On the bright side, I thought Rankin played well and given we have a youthful defence both Fordyce and Brownlie deserve some credit for their performances. Jacobs continues to be solid too. There's a gap between midfield and the front though that needs filled and I'm not convinced Danny's the man to do it. Guess that's what everyone's been saying.

I too was shouting for Dobbie to be taken off. I think there comes a point when a player needs to know if they're not cutting it then can be hooked!

Having seen the highlights, Durnan clearly knows Dobbies back issues (spasms?) and knees him right in the lower back for the free kick leading to our goal.