The Queen of the South thread

Any reason on why the two loan signings are only till January and not full season loans? Reticence by Queens or St Johnstone/the players or lack of finance? 

We've only got O'Halloran on loan until January, which is probably why we're only allowing Kane out until January.

We've only got two senior centre halves aswell, with two younger players providing back up, if an injury forcing a senior player out, then we'll need Kerr back in January too.

Id be surprised if Kerr didn't stay the full season if he does well, at the moment I'd suggest Kane would return in January.

30 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Any reason on why the two loan signings are only till January and not full season loans? Reticence by Queens or St Johnstone/the players or lack of finance? 

Of course there must be a reason but no-one here will be able to provide you with it.

Surely you must realise that is a business arrangement between the Clubs and not for public disclosure.

Just read this quote from Naysmith on last week.
"Just like the fans I was thinking about where the goals would come from before the game. That's probably a bit disrespectful to Derek."   (Source; Dfs Courier)
Too right - for once - on that one Gary !

Don't forget to cut it out and add it to your scrapbook

Over the next four weeks we play Dundee Utd, Falkirk and Livingstone all away...with Airdrie (cup) and Dumbarton at home next week. The away games, in particular, will be a major test for us. Just a pity so many ex QOS employees are doing so well in the Championship, but not for us! After these games we'll have a good idea if we've spent wisely or not.

1 hour ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Almost certainly negligence on Naysmith`s part I would think.

Either that or the much more likely reason supplied by Random Guy

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

f**k me is everything Naysmith's fault in some folk's eyes? Probably him that's meant to change the sign as well?

Maybe he was desperate for Thomson but we couldn't afford him? Or maybe he favoured Livi over us? Or maybe he's got someone else in mind?

Can we not give the guy a break, at least until we lose a game or two?

I'm disappointed to miss out on Thomson, and more disappointed that he's gone to a rival. It's been a good week of transfer business overall though.

Why should we give him a break ?

The Thomson deal would have cost us next to nothing.

Naysmith will have been offered Thomson but he seems to think that the likes of Rankin are a better option madness.

It is 2 steps forward 1 step back with Naysmith

Naysmith will have been offered Thomson but he seems to think that the likes of Rankin are a better option madness.

But you don't know how much effort may or may not of gone into signing him. Naismith might of been pulling out all the stops to get him and he still chosen to go livi. If that's the case and you maintain its Naismith fault then that's unfair. I doubt there been a day gone by where he hasn't been talking to potential targets and tempt them to Dumfries. I have my issues with Naismith as I think many people do but I don't blame him for not getting a certain player.

I think Thomson would of put us from mid table into real chance of Playoffs but no point greeting about it

Hopefully with new signings we can see a 3 at back with Rooney and Marshall playing wing backs and Carmichael Behind the two Strikers,It worked so well v Brechin having full backs further up and Danny in the hole 

Wouldn't try it today but I'd like to see it next week v Dumbarton

But you don't know how much effort may or may not of gone into signing him. Naismith might of been pulling out all the stops to get him and he still chosen to go livi. If that's the case and you maintain its Naismith fault then that's unfair. I doubt there been a day gone by where he hasn't been talking to potential targets and tempt them to Dumfries. I have my issues with Naismith as I think many people do but I don't blame him for not getting a certain player.

Its Naysmith not Naismith FFS

How would you know that the club was offered him, or how much he would have cost for that matter?

Facts don't matter to some people who delight in having a dig at the Management and Board even when they know nothing about what may or may not be happening behind the scenes. Fair enough having a pop if you know for sure what the circumstances surrounding Thomson choosing Livi were and  Management didn't/couldn't get him.

Apparently Thomson was costing Dumbarton a considerable amount last year, and we paid more than they did, so it would not have cost next to nothing.