The Queen of the South thread

What the hell is Naysmith thinking about not trying to get Thomson back .

Can't really be about money as Celtic will pay most of his wages .

Yet another very poor decision from Naysmith I am sure we would have a option to take him back but Naysmith thinks we have enough midfielders .

Can never have enough good players madness from Naysmith

16 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Yet another very poor decision from Naysmith I am sure we would have a option to take him back but Naysmith thinks we have enough midfielders .

I`d have taken Thomson back but given the choice I`d take Kane over him any time. 

Your point is that the budget could stretch to the 2 signings this week plus Thomson. While you may feel Celtic will pay most of the wages it`s surely less certain that St Johnstone will pay the bulk of wages for the 2 excellent loan signings from them. 

Thomson or Rankin now then............

We have central midfield players that is obviously why he feels spending any more of what appears to be a limited budget on another central midfielder wouldn't be wise.

Certainly disappointed we don't have him in, maybe there's someone else in mind tho.

f**k me is everything Naysmith's fault in some folk's eyes? Probably him that's meant to change the sign as well?

Maybe he was desperate for Thomson but we couldn't afford him? Or maybe he favoured Livi over us? Or maybe he's got someone else in mind?

Can we not give the guy a break, at least until we lose a game or two?

I'm disappointed to miss out on Thomson, and more disappointed that he's gone to a rival. It's been a good week of transfer business overall though.

13 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

f**k me is everything Naysmith's fault in some folk's eyes? Probably him that's meant to change the sign as well?

Maybe he was desperate for Thomson but we couldn't afford him? Or maybe he favoured Livi over us? Or maybe he's got someone else in mind?

I'm disappointed to miss out on Thomson, and more disappointed that he's gone to a rival. It's been a good week of transfer business overall though.

Very much this.

7 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Bloody hell. Why dont you blame him for the breakdown in relations between North Korea and the US while you are at it.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Bloody hell. Why dont you blame him for the breakdown in relations between North Korea and the US while you are at it.

To be fair Naysmith has never been shy about going for an aerial bombardment in the past...

You just know that somehow Northfield will be the only survivor in our impending nuclear holocaust and he'll be straight on P&B complaining that our crowds are down.

53 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Agreed. 

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In fairness, I don't think Naysmith has done a single thing to help with that crisis, so I don't see him as above criticism there either.