The Queen of the South thread

Naysmith will look stupid if Robinson is suddenly installed as the keeper for the Dundee United game having been deemed 'not good enough' to fill that roll in previous games. As he is still paid and 3rd choice he should take his seat on the bench till Martin recovers. Leighfield done fine. Used the ball well, kicked well and looked the part. Every pro footballer needs something to happen for them to get the breakthrough. Sometimes luck. Or injuries. Andy Robertson was on the brink of quitting football but finally got a chance at Queens Park. Leighfield may end up producing incredible performances making it impossible for him to be dropped and go on and forge a successful career. The Martin injury could later be viewed as his breakthrough moment. 

10 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

If Martin is out injured then Robinson has to come in .

He is still getting paid as a player coach so he has to play .

Don't think it is fair on Leighfield  to put him in at his age.

Signing another keeper would be madness.

Why is it not fair on Leighfield to play him? Do you honestly believe he's sitting at home shiting himself? Or as I would be, is he looking forward to playing in the biggest game of his career so far? He's now number 2 and should step into martins shoes to show what he can do. If he struggles then fair enough, we look at other options. Robinson is that far out the window that he needs a ladder to get back in. It happens at clubs where the manager doesn't fancy a player and freezes him out of everything. I believe that it's Alan that has been taking the goalkeepers training as well, which further indicates he's so far out the picture. If naysmith recalls Robinson it shows him as weak and someone who can be easily swayed. Then the players look at this and see someone who can be manipulated, which would lead to problems further down the road. It's a tricky situation for a club with limited financial resources. They want a player out of the club but are unwilling to pay him off. On the other hand you have a player who is entitled to sit tight and pick up his wages until he either finds another club or gets payed up. If it was me as manager and I took the decision to freeze Robinson out (I'm not saying I would of done that) I wouldn't go crawling back to him and ask him to play. I would play Leighfield and put the under 20s goalie on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Come on queens said:

Why is it not fair on Leighfield to play him? Do you honestly believe he's sitting at home shiting himself? Or as I would be, is he looking forward to playing in the biggest game of his career so far? He's now number 2 and should step into martins shoes to show what he can do. If he struggles then fair enough, we look at other options. Robinson is that far out the window that he needs a ladder to get back in. It happens at clubs where the manager doesn't fancy a player and freezes him out of everything. I believe that it's Alan that has been taking the goalkeepers training as well, which further indicates he's so far out the picture. If naysmith recalls Robinson it shows him as weak and someone who can be easily swayed. Then the players look at this and see someone who can be manipulated, which would lead to problems further down the road. It's a tricky situation for a club with limited financial resources. They want a player out of the club but are unwilling to pay him off. On the other hand you have a player who is entitled to sit tight and pick up his wages until he either finds another club or gets payed up. If it was me as manager and I took the decision to freeze Robinson out (I'm not saying I would of done that) I wouldn't go crawling back to him and ask him to play. I would play Leighfield and put the under 20s goalie on the bench. 

So would I.  Apparently Robinson has disappeared anyway, so grovelling to him could be problematical.

3 minutes ago, football maniac said:

If he has disappeared without permission/explanation then surely we would have the right to terminate his contract without a payoff!

And if he doesnt play, is he going to turn up to sit on the bench?

19 hours ago, Come on queens said:

Robinson is on a good wage at Queens as a player coach.

You either have him as part of the squad or work out a deal to get him out .

Is James McFadden still training with Queens if so what are we doing with him are we going to offer him anything.

Without wishing to be too much of a dick about it - although I fear that ship may have long since sailed - I see that the 'Next Match' sign still hasn't been bloody updated.  

If it's the job of the club, rather than the Trust, why can't somebody just fix it?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Without wishing to be too much of a dick about it - although I fear that ship may have long since sailed - I see that the 'Next Match' sign still hasn't been bloody updated.  

If it's the job of the club, rather than the Trust, why can't somebody just fix it?

I see this is affecting you 

Someone bloody change the sign for this mans sanity