The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

JT will be leaving because of personal reasons 

It is a pity as he was good on the commercial side of things but have some fans not forgot how bad he was as a football manager and that he was the reason Gavin Skeleton quit the club

The official reason he left is because the club can't afford to pay his wages.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

14? I am sure I counted 20 in the 2017/18 squad photo released.

I suggest you count them again then ;)

There are 19 players in the first team squad at the moment (not including Lee Robinson who isnt in the photo). Only three of them (Akubuine, Bell & Leighfield) are eligible for the u20s in age terms, though they are first team squad members training with them in Hamilton not with the 20s.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stevie 'one touch'. Because one touch was all he ever got. After that he either lost the ball or scored!

Great forward for us but a fraction of the actual ability of his son. Fantastic attitude though.

2nd touch a tackle but as you say a great forward for us.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stevie 'one touch'. Because one touch was all he ever got. After that he either lost the ball or scored!

Great forward for us but a fraction of the actual ability of his son. Fantastic attitude though.

I sat with  him and got to know him quite well for a few saints games and he still has a great will to win he also commented how strikers never touch the goalie anymore at set plays or cross balls says he scored a lot of goals by giving goalkeepers a wee nudge.

I suggest you count them again then [emoji6]
There are 19 players in the first team squad at the moment (not including Lee Robinson who isnt in the photo). Only three of them (Akubuine, Bell & Leighfield) are eligible for the u20s in age terms, though they are first team squad members training with them in Hamilton not with the 20s.

I leave the counting to you .
Any comments on the shambles within the club ? .

Stevie Mallan and Allesandro Del Piero were my two favourite players growing up. Probably the only time you'll see them both mentioned in the same sentence!

Palmerston on a Saturday, Football Italia on Sunday. It was a simpler time, a better time.

Seems to be a rumour going about that dobbies injured for today? Were fucked if so [emoji85]

Is this down to the poster saying it then disappearing? I'll wait and see but I'm certainly sceptical.