The Queen of the South thread

Said in a podcast that centre midlifed is not his priority and he has turned down players from the position(Possibly Thomson)

I'll be gutted if Thomson ends up elsewhere. Regardless if we're well covered in there, he's a damn sight better than what we have in there.

Guest Flash

I thought one of the reasons Thomson came to us last season was because Celtic decided to have a policy of only loaning players to full-time teams. Have they not loaned out another player to Dumbarton? So have they changed their policy again?  

Whether we need a centre mid is open to question. Rankin was off the pace v EK, but he won't come up against that level of quality and fitness every week, right enough. Probably more like we are stuck with what we have because they are already signed and we can't afford anyone else, rather than there not being a genuine need.

Even in the interview that has now been deleted from the official site after the Albion Rovers game he said he was ok in midfield it was defence and forward areas he needed to get players in to help what he already has. Hope couple of good signings before sat but just canny see much light at the end of the tunnel. Time the board reacted to all the negativity around palmerston, before they lose even more fans.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

I thought one of the reasons Thomson came to us last season was because Celtic decided to have a policy of only loaning players to full-time teams. Have they not loaned out another player to Dumbarton? So have they changed their policy again?  

They wanted Joe Thomson to move on to a full time team. I dont think it was any generic policy across all players.

Is this suggestion of Thomson to Dumbarton not someone putting two and two together and getting five? When it became clear Dumbarton were getting a player from Celtic there was speculation it would be Thomson returning. It wasnt though, it was a full back. Presumably if Thomson WAS going there it would have been done at the same time. :unsure2:

So what would your best 11 be then?

4-4-2 probably.

Ivor Hardy (GK)

Hughie Jass (RB)
Ben Gerkin (CB and Captain)
Philip Myas (CB)
Jerry Attrick (LB)

Richard Head (LM)
Lou Sassole (CM)
Dixie Normus (CM)
Lesley Beann (RM)

Michael Hunt (ST)
Stephen Dobbie (ST and Star Man)

The CM pairing is debateable. Personally I don't think it's the wisest combination.

In 40 odd years following the QOS I cannot recall as much negativity on the eve of a new season.

It's not so much negative for me it's just general concern. Lack of depth in the playing squad. Perhaps a reliance on Stephen dobbie to create chances and score goals. A defence that has frailties to it and is unconvincing to the fans.

I think my concern will grow to negativity if we lose on Saturday.

4-4-2 probably.

Ivor Hardy (GK)

Hughie Jass (RB)
Ben Gerkin (CB and Captain)
Philip Myas (CB)
Jerry Attrick (LB)

Richard Head (LM)
Lou Sassole (CM)
Dixie Normus (CM)
Lesley Beann (RM)

Michael Hunt (ST)
Stephen Dobbie (ST and Star Man)

The CM pairing is debateable. Personally I don't think it's the wisest combination.

What about the coaching staff???

If the manager thinks our midfield is good enough then were up shit creek .
He will be gone after 6 league games .

In all honesty I can't believe that somebody who has played football at the level that GN has could in all honesty, conclude that our midfield is not in need of immediate improvement.

It remains a glaring weakness and is by far the main reason that we continue to under- perform.