The Queen of the South thread

15 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Has Naysmith been bulleted yet ?

Seems not.

I was hoping there might have been a Board meeting last night - emergency or scheduled - from which there would have been a bold decision made.

This nonsense about seeing who else he brings in and having the 1st quarter is just that.

Does anyone really think, given his recruitment record so far, that he is suddenly going to produce some real game-changers ?

Anyway, it's not about that.

He doesn't have the managerial ability to turn things around. 

We have some decent players but he is incapable of getting the best out of them. There is no positivity either in the way he plays or the way he speaks.  Bringing some other players in would not change that.

He is smart though and is trying - and succeeding with some - to 'pull the wool over' by referring to budgets and restraints in order to take the heat off himself and deflect it to the Board.  We all know we can't compete with many of the Clubs in the Division. That has always been the case and surely he would have known that when he took the job. 

As you know, I would change it right now but certainly if the 1st 2 home games are not won convincingly then surely the majority - and the Board - would have to say enough is enough.

Any parallels are pretty tenuous.

Hearts as a club are of a very different stature (even relative to playing environment) to Queens.  I think too that the only similarity between the two managers, is that both struggled.  

Naysmith strikes me as rather more old school than his 'laptop' counterpart.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

He doesn't have the managerial ability to turn things around. 

This is true, but we knew this when we plucked him from East Fife, second bottom in the division below. Given that and the fact he is on a 2 year contract, I can't see him going anywhere unless he resigns.

I'll start by saying that I've not been impressed at all so far this season and my expectations for us for the months ahead aren't high!

But...

To me it seems obvious that we have a limited budget and are therefore going to struggle to bring in real quality - giving Naysmith a payoff would only hinder us more financially.

Surely we must wait until our transfer business is actually done and we've played some league matches before talk of punting managers!

Well this is the first time I have done this .Got to be said I am not looking forward to new season I feel we are at least four players short and don't see much movement in bringing these in . Obviously manager has a restricted budget but not convinced by some of his signings but time will tell .The only thing that makes me think we will survive is Stephen Dobbie .

22 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

What may push the board to a reaction is if the attendance figure on Saturday is shocking, they then may realise the mug punters are not as clueless as the alleged 'football people' believe we are !!!

It's Dumfries Show, Trades fortnight and we're playing a team with a tiny travelling support - it was always going to be a poor attendance this weekend.

Edited by Dougie Mills

There must be some budget left to speak off, but i don't think anything the fans do would make any difference to the budgets. 

Even though i love Queens and look at things through Blue tinted glasses, but how do you sell queens football club to the players we are two hours away from the central belt we don't pay much in wages, we have pretty small crowds and i cant see us paying much in expenses.

but you could say we are a community club and the club could be used as a stepping stone, but i personally think players will be waiting for offers from other clubs, then if that doesn't happen then that's when they will pick us i wouldn't say we are a last resort but not as appealing as other clubs in the division 

And if you look at the players we have signed we have signed two players from part time football and a player that was injured for most part of last year and Rooney was desperate to get back home to Scotland.

2 minutes ago, temps15 said:

There must be some budget left to speak off, but i don't think anything the fans do would make any difference to the budgets. 

Even though i love Queens and look at things through Blue tinted glasses, but how do you sell queens football club to the players we are two hours away from the central belt we don't pay much in wages, we have pretty small crowds and i cant see us paying much in expenses.

but you could say we are a community club and the club could be used as a stepping stone, but i personally think players will be waiting for offers from other clubs, then if that doesn't happen then that's when they will pick us i wouldn't say we are a last resort but not as appealing as other clubs in the division 

And if you look at the players we have signed we have signed two players from part time football and a player that was injured for most part of last year and Rooney was desperate to get back home to Scotland.

Yeah this I think we might see a mini flurry of signings near the end of the window when players are panicking about not having a club or are frozen out of the starting 11 of the club they are at. Cant say much for the quality then but at least we have better numbers to play with and manage any injury situations better.

Guest Flash

Maybe we'd be better off going part-time and have the biggest part-time budget rather than the smallest full-time one? No part-time team is going to be promoted, but is the one with the lowest full-time wages going to get promoted anyway? Maybe if we were able to sign the best part-time players in the country, we could have a bigger squad that is able to compete just as well as a small squad of low paid full-timers. I guess the question is - are the best part-timers in the country better than the worst full-timers? Take Dobbie out of our team and I'm not that sure whether there is that much of a difference, at the moment anyway.