The Queen of the South thread

Why is it necessary to post something positive?

Never said it was necessary to post something positive, but all I seem to read is folk moaning about Naismith and the teams shit. The guy has been there half a season and possibly kept us from heading down the pan.

Guest Flash
28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You wish me to be positive for the sake of it?

Or would you like me to find positives in a defeat at home on penalties to a non-league team?

Either way, I don't think I'm the man for the job.

Just noticed you were actually asking Flash.  I'm not convinced he's your man either, mind.

Wasn't asking me either. I was just curious why posters had to have something positive to say.

1 hour ago, Queens1919 said:

Aye, I pointed it out because someone thought we got beat. Got any positive input instead of all the negative crap all the time?

I can't find anything positive about drawing at home against EK then losing a penalty shoot out. What do you find positive, the fact we didn't get beat?

5 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I can't find anything positive about drawing at home against EK then losing a penalty shoot out. What do you find positive, the fact we didn't get beat?

Yep not losing in 90 mins puts it firmly in the negative box compared to the fecking awful box had we lost in normal time.

I`m failing to see any positives from the result though.

A full time championship team who cannot break down a part time non league side at home is very worrying. On a big park like Palmerston a couple of decent wide men some pace in the channels you will get success, Oops forgot that we have no players with these skills. Poor player recruitment, coaching and tactics to blame !!!

A full time championship team who cannot break down a part time non league side at home is very worrying. On a big park like Palmerston a couple of decent wide men some pace in the channels you will get success, Oops forgot that we have no players with these skills. Poor player recruitment, coaching and tactics to blame !!!

Celtic got beat by a part time team last year and went on and never lost a game after that. Sometimes these things happen. As I said it's not easy trying to break down 10 men sitting deep no matter what team you are. If you were at the game you would have seen we worked the ball in but couldn't finish. Hit the post and cross bar several times and just missed a few chances at the back post when the ball was put in. Never looked in danger of losing. And to top it off it was hot sitting in the stands never mind being on the pitch. They are probably not 100% match sharp and would have been feeling the heat.

Could be worse. Anyone remembers us getting humped 6-2 by then highland league Ross County at Palmerston?
Based on what I saw against Stenny, we need a decent right back, another winger and a creative central midfielder and we should be ok. It's a bit worrying that Livingston look competent though. Was hoping they would be shite.

13 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Could be worse. Anyone remembers us getting humped 6-2 by then highland league Ross County at Palmerston?
Based on what I saw against Stenny, we need a decent right back, another winger and a creative central midfielder and we should be ok. It's a bit worrying that Livingston look competent though. Was hoping they would be shite.

Naysmith`s had 2 goes already at recruiting a right back. If you don`t think we have a decent one thus far are you hoping for 3rd time lucky?

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

5 hours ago, JessieField said:

Anybody know if McFadden is still training with Queens?

Yes he is, very surprised with the quality of right back the gaffer has brought in considering he was an international right back himself.

It is all about money again .

Naysmith has got a right back who is I. our price range 

I would rather have kept Hamill he was not perfect but better than both the right backs we have just now.

No new signing heading g our way yet we will never get the quality that we need  good players cost money that is something we are short off

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It is all about money again .

Naysmith has got a right back who is I. our price range 

I would rather have kept Hamill he was not perfect but better than both the right backs we have just now.

No new signing heading g our way yet we will never get the quality that we need  good players cost money that is something we are short off

How are we so short of cash? I Thought we were in best state financially in years? A we bit investment by the chairman wouldn't go a miss, suppose No chance of that tho.

How are we so short of cash? I Thought we were in best state financially in years? A we bit investment by the chairman wouldn't go a miss, suppose No chance of that tho.

Short of cash compared to Chelsea and man city. We are though in a very good financial position thanks to this board

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why should it be the Chairman's responsibility alone to put cash into the club, he is not like an owner of the Club who pumps in money to a pet project when needed. It is his responsibility (and the BOD as a group) to oversee the running and finances of the Club and that should include finding sources of income when needed. Unfortunately in these times there are very few people or businesses around who have cash to spare and are willing to invest in or gift it to a football club without some guarantee of return. If the income is not there then expenditure has to be adjusted to suit. We just have to accept that there is not a magic money pit that we can go to when things are not going as well as some would like.