The Queen of the South thread

Wow football fans really are fickle. Last season Naysmith took a team which was in freefall and managed to steady the ship enough to ensure we had a relatively comfortable finish. Rankin, Thomson and initially Thomas made good impacts so in the main his signings were good. The fact of the matter is a number of fans never bothered their arses to show up last season and we ended up having the 2nd worst average crowd in the league. What right do we have of finishing above better supported teams and having a bigger budget than them? We live within our means. You could argue we are being clever waiting to see who becomes available later on. Better available players will become available/desperate for game time nearer the end of the window so with space in our squad/budget we may be in a better position to pounce. 
Our football under magic Johnston was exhilarating but it was at a poor level so how we would have fared at this level with the style he imposed will never be known. When McIntyre came in it was a less glamourous style of play but whenever we played teams from a lower league under McIntyre, Fowler or even Skelton we were back to playing the brilliant style we witnessed under Johnston which makes me think we may have looked better than we were that season due to the appalling standard of other teams. Fowler had us playing football which was like watching paint dry. Don't know why fans seem to have such fond memories of his style? Naysmiths signings this summer look good so far tbh. The only one I'm still not decided on is Rooney. He hasn't really made any really poor signings so far so we can trust him to get it right with his final 3/4. 

Finally someone who actually talks sense on here.

15 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

We never got beat though did we. Looked like a draw to me. Pens are just a lottery. We hit the post about 5 times and it was all one way the whole of the second half. It's not easy trying to break down 10 men behind the ball. Even Dobbie is human. Hamilton was 1-1 with them last week till the 85 min. If it wasn't for 2 late goals that would have been a draw as well.

I feel better now that you pointed out we managed to draw against EK at home.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Aye, I pointed it out because someone thought we got beat. Got any positive input instead of all the negative crap all the time?

Why?

No they're not.
They involve the execution of a football skill.  It's no surprise that for us, only Dobbie passed the test.

Aye you're right, messi had never missed a pen eh. The guy that knows about execution of football skill.

7 minutes ago, Queens1919 said:

Aye, I pointed it out because someone thought we got beat. Got any positive input instead of all the negative crap all the time?

You wish me to be positive for the sake of it?

Or would you like me to find positives in a defeat at home on penalties to a non-league team?

Either way, I don't think I'm the man for the job.

Just noticed you were actually asking Flash.  I'm not convinced he's your man either, mind.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Not quite sure where football maniac is coming from tbh

59 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Wow football fans really are fickle. Last season Naysmith took a team which was in freefall and managed to steady the ship enough to ensure we had a relatively comfortable finish.

He did steady the ship then promptly made it wobbly again. Our record from March on was W2 D3 L6. We risked being dragged into the relegation playoff until (from memory) the last couple of weeks.

Rankin, Thomson and initially Thomas made good impacts so in the main his signings were good.

Rankin dropped off considerably after the first few games as did Thomas.

Naysmiths signings this summer look good so far tbh. The only one I'm still not decided on is Rooney. He hasn't really made any really poor signings so far so we can trust him to get it right with his final 3/4. 

Do they though?

Guest Flash
Just now, Queens1919 said:

Quite an open question there. Why what?

Why is it necessary to post something positive?

1 minute ago, Queens1919 said:

Aye you're right, messi had never missed a pen eh. The guy that knows about execution of football skill.

What?  Of course great players can miss penalties. 

Penalty shoot outs however, are not lotteries.