The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

That was brutal. We'll finish 2nd bottom if we don't get rid of that pr*ck. Tried to give him a chance but after that I'll find it difficult to waste my money to watch that lot try kick a ball about. This Del and Dobbie partnership everyone was crying about was a joke, how can we compete against teams in our league if we can't compete with a Lowland league team. After that, who's going to want to come play with us? We'll be left with squad we've got, maybe am addition of 1 loan player who'll turn out to be crap. My wee boy just said he doesn't want to go back and I don't blame him, I bet he isn't the only kid saying/thinking that after that rubbish. 

And they can't even ask for their money back.

EK were well organised and fair play to them

Dobbie must be hating it back here,Carrying absolute shite week in week out is not what he would of planned I can guarantee this isn't what his retirement was meant to be like.He showed frustration at Rooney after stenny pen on Saturday and at one point today he actually turned back in into traffic instead of playing it out wide to Rooney simply because he knows the cross would be poor just like the other times.

As much as I'd like to blame Naysmith I feel like he wants to sign players but the budget just isn't there,Need a Defender,Striker and some creative midfielder.I understand that no team in the league will sit back against us like that although right from the start there was no creativity atall.The chances in first half all came from Dobbie and we cannot keep going on like that,without him there is absolutely nothing.

Just can't be arsed with that team anymore and can't see us finishing above 8th,Onto Hamilton now and if we win we will be favourites to top the group still

When was the last time we got a result at Hamilton? Can't think we usually struggle up there do we not?

Best I've witnessed was a 1-1 draw when they had Goram. The first game of the season a few years back. I've never seen us win there and certainly won't witness it this weekend as I'm not heading up now.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

What do if you guys make of Rooney? He's a big lump of a boy and either looked good or like he had never played football before when he was with us. Some of his positioning and basics were just not there.

Wasn`t there tonight but on Saturday he scored a fine header looked OK going forward but gave away a dreadful penalty when the deficiencies you highlight above were clearly seen. Early days.

The shiters at the top could have got rid of Naysmith in the summer. Instead another shit season with a new manager halfway through who will inevitably need "a good pre-season with his own squad". It was inevitable Naysmith would leave at some point this season. Everyone could see it. It is not his fault he got the job. Poor Dobbie. We are an embarassment.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
heads gone typos

Folk are over reacting abit. It was unbelievable we didn't win that game. Should have had 7 or 8 but it was just one of those days which cant be helped. Some of our link up play involving Dobbie, Murray and Stirling was good. Especially in the 1st half. Dykes done well when he came on. Rooney gets down the wing well but is a funny player in the sense that I don't really no how to describe him. He has the look of a defender but has got good pace and offers an outlet but he has a centre backs crossing ability. Weird one. Lyle was poor, Tapping was poor when he came on. The rest were in general ok

7 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

The shiters at the top could have got rid of Naysmith in the summer. Instead another shit season with a new manager halfway through who will inevitably need "a good pre-season with his own squad". It was inevitable Naysmith would leave at some point this season. Everyone could see it. It is not his fault he got the job. Poor Dobbie. We are an embarassment.

Have we got money to burn? Robinson is taking up a wage and sacking Naysmith will cost us compensation.

4 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Folk are over reacting abit. It was unbelievable we didn't win that game. Should have had 7 or 8 but it was just one of those days which cant be helped. Some of our link up play involving Dobbie, Murray and Stirling was good. Especially in the 1st half. Dykes done well when he came on. Rooney gets down the wing well but is a funny player in the sense that I don't really no how to describe him. He has the look of a defender but has got good pace and offers an outlet but he has a centre backs crossing ability. Weird one. Lyle was poor, Tapping was poor when he came on. The rest were in general ok

Wouldn't say anyone is overreacting, we got beat by a Lowland League team. It's a disgrace. 

4 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

The emoji for some reason came out as .8),On East Kilbride fans does anyone know how many there were?Couldnt be more than 20?

Officially 11 went in the away turnstile. However some may have gone in the home turnstile and there were certainly a good handful in the Main Stand. Probably 20 to 30 in total.

Edited by Skyline Drifter