The Queen of the South thread

Our squad is not good enough .

Lyle and 4 boys on the bench 

We have Carmichael Mercer and Ferguson out today only really Carmichael could make a difference.

At this rate we will end up playing Robinson in midfield at times he thought he played there when in goals..

Dobbie can't carry the team  in every game there must be some players we can get in on loan over to you Naysnith

That question going to get asked every time he's subbed [emoji23]

Good win in the end up, first half didn't sound like we were too hot, second half going by what I've been told and going by stats we improved. Hopefully show Naysmith what we're still needing player wise, and maybe a bit on what we need to work on although doesn't seem like they had us under too much pressure.

Onto Tuesday, one I won't miss

Not at the game, just my interpretation of the facts and  information provided.

Poor first half by all accounts and then, interestingly, we score 3 goals after Lyle is on and Dykes is off.

It is totally crazy that any decent Manager would start Dykes in front of Lyle.

Is Naysmith not aware of how Dobbie and Lyle link-up so well together and how well Lyle can hold the ball up to bring others into play.  We are so much more of a threat when he is on the pitch.

If he hasn't recognised the 'chemistry' between them first hand then perhaps he should visit QOS TV to watch the highlights of the early season games when they tore defences apart.

They are both such experienced, intelligent and instinctive strikers they know the runs each other will make and feed of each other so well.

I know Naysmith is already quoted  that Lyle won't start every game but Del is fit enough to play at least 60minutes and, in my opinion, full games as well.

If he sticks to his plan he may well regret it.

What worried me was the use of rankin on the left and then tapping on the right? I know we don't see training or anything but for me, surely start Connor Murray and give us some width. Tbh I don't mind Lyndon but I'd rather start Lyle than bring him on. Seemed to do better once both came on

39 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

What worried me was the use of rankin on the left and then tapping on the right? I know we don't see training or anything but for me, surely start Connor Murray and give us some width. Tbh I don't mind Lyndon but I'd rather start Lyle than bring him on. Seemed to do better once both came on

Rankin is left footed. Its what the fans wanted

Why are people pointing out that we need more players as if its some kind of epiphany? Everyone knows we need players and the manager has said he intends to sign players.

Onto the match - we got there in the end but it wasnt a great performance. Having said that, other than Rooney giving away a fairly needless penalty we looked pretty comfortable defensively. Brownlie in particular strolled through the game. Rooney looks like a winger going forward, unfortunately he too often defends like one too.

Stirling was quiet first half but played much better in the second half and Lyle still looks a far better player than Dykes up front. Murray also looked a better player out wide than Dykes did. Once again, though, the difference was Dobbie with 2 goals and an assist. We'll be relying on him a lot again this season, but that shouldnt be a surprise to anyone either.

Having watched Rankin and Tapping play wide today Im swaying more towards taking a chance on McFadden. He would, at least, provide a bit of quality in the final third.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Why are people pointing out that we need more players as if its some kind of epiphany? Everyone knows we need players and the manager has said he intends to sign players.

Onto the match - we got there in the end but it wasnt a great performance. Having said that, other than Rooney giving away a fairly needless penalty we looked pretty comfortable defensively. Brownlie in particular strolled through the game. Rooney looks like a winger going forward, unfortunately he too often defends like one too.

Stirling was quiet first half but played much better in the second half and Lyle still looks a far better player than Dykes up front. Murray also looked a better player out wide than Dykes did. Once again, though, the difference was Dobbie with 2 goals and an assist. We'll be relying on him a lot again this season, but that shouldnt be a surprise to anyone either.

Having watched Rankin and Tapping play wide today Im swaying more towards taking a chance on McFadden. He would, at least, provide a bit of quality in the final third.

Really! Rankin isn`t a wide player in a million years.

Pretty much agree with the rest of what you say. We were awful first half.

What's your point at the start? To exactly do same at end [emoji848] I'm not bothered about what foot the winger uses but, I just want a winger out there who can put in a decent ball or take on a man which I don't think either Tapping or Rankin will do, and Young Connor has done in previous games.