The Queen of the South thread

You'd of thought if Naysmith released Dowie and Higgins that he'd have defenders that were better lined up,Fact it's middle of July and he's still looking makes me think we should of kept one
Wouldnt of minded keeping one for the bench,Higgings preferrably as he can be full back also

Although I was someone who wanted to freshen up back line, I tend to agree with this now. I'd of kept Higgins out the two. Probably would've kept hilson also

Surely we've still money left in the pot given the players that left in summer. Or are we waiting to see if we get through this cup competition? Giving the 35k bonus at least

1 hour ago, NM_1919 said:

Although I was someone who wanted to freshen up back line, I tend to agree with this now. I'd of kept Higgins out the two. Probably would've kept hilson also

Surely we've still money left in the pot given the players that left in summer. Or are we waiting to see if we get through this cup competition? Giving the 35k bonus at least

Agree with him maybe waiting to see if we get through this competition. The 35k bonus could get a decent player and pay their wages for the season. Maybe easier to get a loan player if we player 100% of their wages. 

Also, did we not bring in a loan player right at the end of the transfer window last season? 

Edited by QoS_1919

Agree with him maybe waiting to see if we get through this competition. The 35k bonus could get a decent player and pay their wages for the season. Maybe easier to get a loan player if we player 100% of their wages. 
Also, did we not bring in a loan player right at the end of the transfer window last season? 

Might allow us to add to wages that can be given at the moment which make wages a bit more attractive?

1 hour ago, NM_1919 said:

Naysmith said after the supporters meeting that we might have to wait to get players. He said then he intended bringing 3 in, theres never been any suggestion there isnt any money available to do so.

Its been a while since the last signing but then he did bring in four players pretty early.

Naysmith said after the supporters meeting that we might have to wait to get players. He said then he intended bringing 3 in, theres never been any suggestion there isnt any money available to do so.
Its been a while since the last signing but then he did bring in four players pretty early.

Yeah I was at that, but that was a while ago now, i hoped we'd have had at least one addition by now. Like you say rest was done pretty sharp but over a month since anything, it's probably due to lack of rumours and games so far it seems worse.

Would've liked us to add Sam Stanton but looking as though he's Tannadice bound.

Will there be updates from the game today on twitter?

Yeah I was at that, but that was a while ago now, i hoped we'd have had at least one addition by now. Like you say rest was done pretty sharp but over a month since anything, it's probably due to lack of rumours and games so far it seems worse.

Would've liked us to add Sam Stanton but looking as though he's Tannadice bound.

Not a pop at the Twitter page (I use it quite often) but if you just want to know of goals as soon as they happen then your best bet (not intended) is to try BET365 and click on the game. They're usually the first to announce a goal (as they need to be really). They update the stats as it changes as well and there's a 2D screen of where the action is. They don't tell you the scorer straight away is the only downside.

1 hour ago, sidofthesouth said:

Dowie was a better player than Higgins

Of the two I would have kept Dowie. Thought he was made a bit of a scapegoat at the end of last season. You can't fault Higgins' attitude to the club tho.

Should be. Trying something different today for the first time, so fingers crossed!

I'm more disheartened by the fact we're fielding our best starting 11 (swap Dykes for Lyle) and have had one shot on target and that was via a freekick.

Falkirk, ST Mirren and Dunfermline showing us how it is done so far.