The Queen of the South thread

What's happening off the park? Things just don't seem right, First the slo/mascot/halftime entertainment Co-ordinator leaves now I hear JT QoS legend, commercial manager/player development manager is working his notice!! Come on.....

What's happening off the park? Things just don't seem right, First the slo/mascot/halftime entertainment Co-ordinator leaves now I hear JT QoS legend, commercial manager/player development manager is working his notice!! Come on.....

That will save some money ,Billy will be delighted .

I'm aware it's still pure speculation regarding McShane's return but the very thought of him and Rankin in the middle of our midfield sends a shiver down my spine, and not in a good feeling sort of way.   Hopefully he will have gained some valuable experience in his time with The Staggies.  

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Of the 5 players that left that summer (and I'm aware that Danny has since returned), McShane is comfortably the first one I'd have back if given the chance. He is exactly what we need in the middle of the park

Choosing out the 5 i would rather Reilly,We already have 4 centre mids in Tapping Jacobs Rankin and Akubuine

Pretty light up front though

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

McShane is a player who has always divided fan opinion. In the McIntyre first season I thought he was fortunate to get so many starts but in his final season he was one of the main reasons that we played such good football that year. Some fans raved about Kyle Hutton which frankly I found astonishing so it is all about different opinions.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

McShane is a player who has always divided fan opinion. In the McIntyre first season I thought he was fortunate to get so many starts but in his final season he was one of the main reasons that we played such good football that year. Some fans raved about Kyle Hutton which frankly I found astonishing so it is all about different opinions.

I pretty much agree with this.

McShane certainly came onto a game for us, but by the time his move came, he'd gone off the boil a bit again.  By then though, he'd definitely won a lot of us over.  We've struggled in midfield since.

I pretty much agree with this.
McShane certainly came onto a game for us, but by the time his move came, he'd gone off the boil a bit again.  By then though, he'd definitely won a lot of us over.  We've struggled in midfield since.

Our central midfield was generally strong when we had McKenna, Burns, and McShane giving good competition in there. In the last couple of seasons we have really struggled in that area and without a new face in there I regrettably think that this weakness will hold us back and prevent us getting the best out of Dobbie. I haven't seen Akubine but I understand that he has impressed. If so it would be great to see a Dev player coming through.

That's a major blow to Queens . Christine will be a big miss to the club . We've not exactly got loads of volunteers who'll give up their spare time to help the club out
I'm slightly worried about this . I could be completely wrong but something doesn't appear to be right !!!

If McShane is the answer I dread to think what the question is.

Such was his ability to disappear in games, he could have signed last season for all I know.

If McShane was such a big passenger it is surprising that we finished 4th twice in two ultra competitive league set ups.Not only that we passed the ball really well and were able to go to places like Tynecastle and Ibrox and actually try and win the game without every man deep in our own half defending for our lives for 90 mins.

Whatever the opinion on McShane is since his departure our midfield has been by far the weakest area of our team packed full of endeavour but little guile and ball retention.

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Dom Thomas signing for Kilmarnock apparently so no need to fret which wing he will be playing on for us.

Us And Utd were in for him aswell, would have thought Motherwell wouldn't be keen on loaning him to a rival.