The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Besty said:

God forbid if he gets injured

Most clubs are the same if the lose there talisman. Why should he get injured he rarely tackles or for that matter gets into bad challenging positions from defenders.

14 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Most clubs are the same if the lose there talisman. Why should he get injured he rarely tackles or for that matter gets into bad challenging positions from defenders.

He could get a split end, 

On a serious note the team without him would be pretty bland , he's no spring chicken do I'd be surprised if he manages another season without injury.

My worry is we are Dobbie.Stop Dobbie then Queens have nothing.

We need strength right through the team from defence right through to attack.

Dobbie needs help up top Lyle is only going to be a bit part player this season.

McFadden it is to early to say if he is worth a deal did okay tonight but hard to tell in 45 mins.

Lee Robinson surely he should have played some part of the 2 pre season games ?

3 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

For me, McFadden is not what were needing

Im not sure. He looked as far off the pace tonight as I was expecting and the quality is still there. He played out wide and Connor Murray played up front, who has bags of pace, maybe thats a good option for us. Dykes also played out wide which was unexpected. Talking about it on the way home, there isnt really a whole lot of options out there for strikers. The same players rotate around clubs, either moving or on loan. Im starting to think taking a chance on McFadden would be better than ending up with someone like Shankland.

I thought we did alright tonight although without Dobbie it would have been a struggle. I think thats a pretty good indication of how the season is going to be, though.

The new signings were a bit mixed tonight - Fordyce looked decent, Martin had nothing to do, literally, other than pick the ball out of the net from a shot he had absolutely no chance with, Rooney looked .... raw and Stirling never really got into the game. Murray and Akubuine looked lively when they came on. 

The team right now looks decent enough although its too early to say if its an improvement on last season. I am worried about right back though, Rooney didnt do much tonight to suggest hes the answer.

Just now, Northfield 53 said:

Dobbie needs help up top Lyle is only going to be a bit part player this season.

McFadden it is to early to say if he is worth a deal did okay tonight but hard to tell in 45 mins.

Why? Hes been told hes "not in the managers plans" and can go

Got to admit, I found myself thinking the same tonight. Looked like only spark we have. Don't get me wrong annan's five man midfield kind of killed the football side of it but it's something we'll need to deal with.

Fordyce looked pretty solid, Rooney didn't. Stirling kind of went through motions but seen enough to think he'll do alright. McFadden I thought showed nice touches, got about ok, but were crying out for pace and creativity in final third. Obviously he gives creative part.

Young Jessie Akubeine done very well when he came on, heard mixed reports on the kid, but looked very tidy in possession and got stuck in also. Maybe one that'll kick on.

Stuck by what I've and others have said on what the side needs. Experienced centre half, quick creative winger /no.10, pacey striker and Joe Thomson. Anytime soon

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Having lost 3-2 at Cowden I was convinced we would go down.

Tonight`s result makes me certain we will be promoted :o

I agree, now that the new signings have had time to gel there is no stopping us!

9 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I agree, now that the new signings have had time to gel there is no stopping us!

A better assessment could be made if we tried playing without Dobbie I think,don't think we've ever looked more like than a one man team 

A better assessment could be made if we tried playing without Dobbie I think,don't think we've ever looked more like than a one man team 

That would be worth a shot. I imagine on more than one occasion during the season Naysmith will plan to leave out our best player so we should see how we perform without him.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That would be worth a shot. I imagine on more than one occasion during the season Naysmith will plan to leave out our best player so we should see how we perform without him.

Spoiler

Doubt he would chose to buddie, he may not have the choice 

Spoiler

I see the point he making though. Besides he is our star player so would rather he skips this last game avoid any potential risk of injury and then he good to go for league cup games.

18 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I see the point he making though. Besides he is our star player so would rather he skips this last game avoid any potential risk of injury and then he good to go for league cup games.

Unfortunately 19qos19 is too busy trying to be clever to understand common sense.

I suppose we could follow his trail of thought wait until Dobbie us nog available then say wow we aren't good enough.

He doesn't have a point. I don't think any QoS fan believes we're anything close to special without Dobbie. We're all aware if he gets injured we'd be in very big trouble. His goals last season proved that. Dropping him to see what we'd be like without him would be utterly pointless. We don't have anything close to being able to replace his presence if he gets crocked; we don't need to leave him out to see that. If he gets fecked, we're fecked.

He doesn't have a point. I don't think any QoS fan believes we're anything close to special without Dobbie. We're all aware if he gets injured we'd be in very big trouble. His goals last season proved that. Dropping him to see what we'd be like without him would be utterly pointless. We don't have anything close to being able to replace his presence if he gets crocked; we don't need to leave him out to see that. If he gets fecked, we're fecked.

But we also know how good he is and how important he is to the team so my view is drop him for this last friendly so that the risk of injury is minimal and for the start of the season he is fit and available. Obviously if he is injured first game of the season then that is bad luck but it wasn't for trying. It would be worse for the club if he injured in this friendly and isn't available in the league cup games or for the start of the league campaign.

1 minute ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

But we also know how good he is and how important he is to the team so my view is drop him for this last friendly so that the risk of injury is minimal and for the start of the season he is fit and available. Obviously if he is injured first game of the season then that is bad luck but it wasn't for trying. It would be worse for the club if he injured in this friendly and isn't available in the league cup games or for the start of the league campaign.

Nonsense, get him match fit. (Get them all match fit!)

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Nonsense, get him match fit. (Get them all match fit!)

I thi K he's proved he is match fit, he's not renowned for his work rate it's his quality,

Don't you think it's better to start with mc fadden if he's on trial .

Dobbie is being used by the manager to get flattering Scorelines, whilst banging on about results aren't important.