The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, Flash said:

Who will he support claim to support now?

I see what you did there , very clever.

Ha,I know (nothing)flash it's exciting isn't it .

Dobbie's still worth watching so I'll split my games,

Edited by Besty

28 minutes ago, Flash said:

I got one of those when he binned Millar.

If Robinson does leave it would be great for everyone.

Martin has got a 2 year deal whereby he's guaranteed a game,(apparently the English club after him was Barrow fc by the way,how lucky are we?)

The things you have to say to get a 2 year deal,How naive is Naysmith?

Naysmith will be happy he can bring A new keeper and goalkeeper coach(not sure how much that will cost)

The angry fans will enjoy Martin welly it up the pitch and witness a cavalry charge after it.(by the way he's already been payed off at 3 of his previous clubs)

Robinson will walk away with the thick end of a years salary and no doubt find a club straight away.

Then probably come back to haunt us, yippeeee

All funded by the supporters

Edited by Besty

If Robinson does leave it would be great for everyone.
Martin has got a 2 year deal whereby he's guaranteed a game,(apparently the English club after him was Barrow fc by the way,how lucky are we?)
The things you have to say to get a 2 year deal,How naive is Naysmith?
Naysmith will be happy he can bring A new keeper and goalkeeper coach(not sure how much that will cost)
The angry fans will enjoy Martin welly it up the pitch and witness a cavalry charge after it.(by the way he's already been payed off at 3 of his previous clubs)
Robinson will walk away with the thick end of a years salary and no doubt find a club straight away.
All funded by the supporters

Is this still going on?

You replaced a goalkeeper who had a disappointing season, with a goalkeeper who was one of the best in the league last season. I'm not really sure what there is to be angry about. It's a great bit of business by Naysmith.

Looking around not many clubs are in need of a No.1 'keeper at the moment. We are, and so are Livi, but apart from that Robinson's options look limited.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is this still going on?

You replaced a goalkeeper who had a disappointing season, with a goalkeeper who was one of the best in the league last season. I'm not really sure what there is to be angry about. It's a great bit of business by Naysmith.

Looking around not many clubs are in need of a No.1 'keeper at the moment. We are, and so are Livi, but apart from that Robinson's options look limited.

Is there not much happening on the sons site?

Time will tell Alan, the club  must have money to burn.

I think the whole team were disappointing.

Edited by Besty

Guest Flash
On 11/06/2014 at 18:52, Besty said:

Could comeback to haunt us his previous clubs QOS and rangers haven't won against him interesting

30 minutes ago, Besty said:

You said this before. The difference being that the first quote above is from the Raith Rovers thread in 2014 And the "us" you were referring to was Rovers after they binned Robinson.

Edited by Flash

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

You said this before. The difference being that the first quote above is from the Raith Rovers thread in 2014. And the "us" you were referring to was Rovers.

D.C.I.Flash it  was us when Dobbie,was at Swansea ,Blackpool, Palace,Fleetwood get a life,man

Or is queens it.

Edited by Besty

You said this before. The difference being that the first quote above is from the Raith Rovers thread in 2014 And the "us" you were referring to was Rovers after they binned Robinson.

It's actually him, isn't it?

Binning Robinson can only be a good thing, he was a complete liability last season and towards the end had turned into a complete parody of himself.  It was actually embarrassing that he was a member of the coaching staff.

I can't help feeling that his erratic behaviour was a huge factor in our defensive shakiness.  You always hear defenders comment about the confidence playing in front of a solid goalkeeper instills in them.  Presumably the opposite is also true.  

Robinson has always been an inconsistent performer, whereas the same can't really be said for Dowie and Higgins who have been solid throughout their time with us.  Given the youthful look to our defence this coming season, I'm starting to think that getting rid of both of them was a mistake.  I would have been inclined to have kept one, probably Dowie, to provide backup and much needed experience.

I can understand Naysmith wanting to sideline - not even - Robinson but if he knew he was going to do that would it not have made more sense to keep Atkinson as back-up.  A 'keeper who has some experience at this level rather than a youngster who hasn't ?

The same applies to the striking department.

The Dobbie/Lyle partnership is great - if/when played - but neither are getting any younger.  Having Dykes as our only back-up is extremely concerning when other Clubs have made moves for the likes of Reilly, McHugh, McManus and Hilson is getting a chance at St. Mirren and we have not, as yet, brought anyone else in.

Another baffling decision by Naysmith was to bin Aiden Smith who has already been 'blooded' at this level and proved his worth by scoring against Rangers - twice !  Defenders hate pace and he is electric and would have given us something completely different up front especially in the latter stages of games when defences are tiring.   I would rate him ahead of both Dykes and Murray.

Of course, the Manager prefers to bring on another 'target' man and continue with his 'up and at 'em' tactics.

I can understand he wants to make a fresh start this season but I think he has gone too far in discarding players at the Club with experience.

If the rumours are true, then maybe Dobbie and Lyle will be next !

Edited by Nithsdale Wanderer

The manager spoke very well last night at the supporters meeting and is aware of the need for 2/3 signings and positions he is looking at to add to the squad, he is not intending going with too big a squad. I can understand why he wants to let Robinson go No need for someone taking prob one of the larger wages at the club sitting in the bench when he can rely on one of the young goalies or call on a loan player if needed. He brought Martin in as his No1.

I think the manager knows what's he's after, I think he'll get it right. He's after a defender, midfielder and a striker so basically he agrees with most of us on here. Was very impressed with both him and dougie covered basically everything they were asked and also what they want the team to be like etc. Folk can say what they like about Naysmith getting rid of most the 20s but he's the one that seen them every day training against the championship level footballers, we don't.

1 minute ago, NM_1919 said:

I think the manager knows what's he's after, I think he'll get it right. He's after a defender, midfielder and a striker so basically he agrees with most of us on here. Was very impressed with both him and dougie covered basically everything they were asked and also what they want the team to be like etc. Folk can say what they like about Naysmith getting rid of most the 20s but he's the one that seen them every day training against the championship level footballers, we don't.

Can't really disagree with any of that, time will tell.

I can understand Naysmith wanting to sideline - not even - Robinson but if he knew he was going to do that would it not have made more sense to keep Atkinson as back-up.  A 'keeper who has some experience at this level rather than a youngster who hasn't ?
The same applies to the striking department.
The Dobbie/Lyle partnership is great - if/when played - but neither are getting any younger.  Having Dykes as our only back-up is extremely concerning when other Clubs have made moves for the likes of Reilly, McHugh, McManus and Hilson is getting a chance at St. Mirren and we have not, as yet, brought anyone else in.
Another baffling decision by Naysmith was to bin Aiden Smith who has already been 'blooded' at this level and proved his worth by scoring against Rangers - twice !  Defenders hate pace and he is electric and would have given us something completely different up front especially in the latter stages of games when defences are tiring.   I would rate him ahead of both Dykes and Murray.
Of course, the Manager prefers to bring on another 'target' man and continue with his 'up and at 'em' tactics.
I can understand he wants to make a fresh start this season but I think he has gone too far in discarding players at the Club with experience.
If the rumours are true, then maybe Dobbie and Lyle will be next !

It's quite an irrational dislike you have for the manager who's only really had half a season in charge. Is that you, JT ??

The Manager always speaks well - apart from public interviews where he always blames the players - that's why he got the job but he has yet to deliver on the pitch, where it really counts.

Would like to have been there last night to hold him to account but sadly work got in the way.

Please enlighten me as to " what they want the team to be like etc." .