The Queen of the South thread

Ive heard about Brophy also. Would be the kind of signing that we should be looking for. Handling would be another huge risk with his injuries. Harris again has had issues with injury but I would welcome him back. He wasn't rated by everyone here last time but for me he would add pace and energy to the wide area and would improve what we have. Certainly an improvement on Thomas who after a brilliant first month was abysmal the rest of his loan spell.

On 16/06/2017 at 16:10, palmy_cammy said:

Whilst this board can be criticised for a number of things, sticking with the status quo isn't one that instantly springs to mind.  They have been responsible for more changes than any previous regime in my time watching the team.  Probably since the new stand was built.

The status quo comment was in relation to the Directors refusal to consider having an elected fans' representative on the Board and preferring to preserve the status quo and was not about other changes the Board have made. I appreciate this was voted down at the last AGM after the Board (past and present) and shareholders came out against it.

My bigger point is that a less conservative and forward-thinking Board would be more in touch with what is happening at other clubs and be actively looking to work more closely with the fans. There is clearly an 'us and them' attitude of the Board of QoS which can lead to accusations of lack of accountability and secrecy. Of course they are ultimately accountable to the shareholders but a football club is more than just its shareholders and has other stakeholders that should be considered.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Just now, wee_bairn said:

What's your views on Alex Harris? We are also rumoured to be signing him. Would you welcome him back to Queens?

He's a strange player, definitely has some quality about him and added some much needed width. However, a lot of the time he looks utterly bereft of any confidence and you can tell from the first time he gets on the ball whether he's going to have a good game or not. I wouldn't object to him coming back but he doesn't feel like someone that you would want to depend on if the going was getting tough.

What's your views on Alex Harris? We are also rumoured to be signing him. Would you welcome him back to Queens?

Not for me.

If Danny is fully fit we will have 3 creative types in Stirling, Murray and Carmichael. Harris is a player who has flattered to deceive for a few seasons now. I would much rather see young Murray getting his chance ahead of Alex Harris otherwise there seems little point in us investing in a Dev process. He produced very little when he was here on loan - nothing to suggest that a year on the sidelines at Hibs will have made him a better player.

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

Good to have young players coming through like Murray but you can't compare Murray with Harris 

Murray is years away from being as good as Harris.

Harris flatters to deceive no bottle in the lad. Not disappointed we missed out on him.

Not saying we should have signed Harris but you can't compare him to Murray.

Why not?

My impression of Murray is that he has a sharp football brain, quick feet, a decent first touch and not afraid to get into goal scoring positions. In his brief appearances in Q4 last season I thought he posed more of a threat to the opposition than Danny did ( who got a lot more game time).

Harris on the other hand had more or less a full season on loan with us. He had a few decent games but these were few and far between. For me he displays all the characteristics of a player who is very unlikely to fulfil his early potential and who lacks the heart and desire to "go the extra mile" to really make a difference.

If It was a straight choice between signing Murray and Harris - for me it is a no brainer.

You probably favour Harris - no problem with that. Peter Houston has offered him a two year deal so he must think he can make something of him.