The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This thread of late is a fucking car crash,

I`m not sure what level of general irritation a single poster needs to generate to be banned but that sanction must surely be pretty close.

Be strong ,don't let him get to you .

6 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Can we start a new thread on anything but goal kicking?

How about a discussion on what Naysmith has brought to the team/club since coming in.

I'll start it off , 

I personally don't see too much of an improvement in the quality of signings,

I heard a rumour that money had changed hands to bring Mercer in , not sure how good signing he will be.

There wasn't much consistency in performances nor a change to style of play.

I think he will be under quite a lot of  pressure at the start of the season ,so hopefully this seasons signings will make A difference.

How about a discussion on what Naysmith has brought to the team/club since coming in.
I'll start it off , 
I personally don't see too much of an improvement in the quality of signings,
I heard a rumour that money had changed hands to bring Mercer in , not sure how good signing he will be.
There wasn't much consistency in performances nor a change to style of play.
I think he will be under quite a lot of  pressure at the start of the season ,so hopefully this seasons signings will make A difference.

Pretty much agree with most of that.
His signings have been poor,the next 3 or 4 players will have to be good ,or I feel he will be under pressure .
We need a centre half or two ,and a mobile/quick striker .

52 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Pretty much agree with most of that.
His signings have been poor,the next 3 or 4 players will have to be good ,or I feel he will be under pressure .
We need a centre half or two ,and a mobile/quick striker .

I get more concerned about his management skills ,Thomson and Thomas started brightly then they went off, he rushed Danny and Dale back then switched  Jacob's about.

He also managed to sicken off Hamil and dowry.

Couldn't understand him bringing Rankin in and stripping hight as captain.

Then later substituted Rankin and dropped him.

Makes you wonder how upbeat he is , certainly hasn't improved players individually or as a team  

Edited by Besty

28 minutes ago, Besty said:

I get more concerned about his management skills ,Thomson and Thomas started brightly then they went off, he rushed Danny and Dale back then switched  Jacob's about.

He also managed to sicken off Hamil and dowry.

Couldn't understand him bringing Rankin in and stripping hight as captain.

Then later substituted Rankin and dropped him.

Makes you wonder how upbeat he is , certainly hasn't improved players individually or as a team  

I just love trying to decipher your posts.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I genuinely feel sorry for Queens fans on here.

First Rusty... now Besty!

I'm sure there was another horrific poster in between as well.

The rest don't seem to be too bad yet are constantly let down by these absolute weapons.

Besty can actually make the odd good point on here but typing with a crayon obviously doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

John Baird away to Inverness surprised  with that .

Have we no trialists training with us nothing happening with any new signing ?

Inverness Caledonian Thistle signing Baird certainly doesn't sound like a club with serious ambitions of a quick return to the top flight. I'm not sure what other players, if any, they have signed though.

As for ourselves, there will probably be the odd player invited along to training to be looked over but as they only went back on Friday, I think, it'll probably be a wee while before word of this is known. Also the club's stance seems to be not to talk about signings until the deal is done. Quite sensible really as you maybe don't want to alert other clubs of a player's availability until he's signed on the dotted line.

36 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The rest don't seem to be too bad yet are constantly let down by these absolute weapons.

It wasn't you was it? you sound obnoxious enough.

Anyway jog on and  troll elsewhere

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Besty can actually make the odd good point on here but typing with a crayon obviously doesn't work.

I just tell it the way it is , of course people won't agree, but that's the beauty of freedom of speech.

The biggest problem I have is not realising that some on here are angry ,bitter and twisted.

If they decide that a player has made mistakes or in there eyes not god enough, frustration turns to hatred.

I always think that the people you ate in discussion with are level headed and reasonably well educated.

I always like to fire a few posts out so I can find out what people are really like, it's frightening 

Edited by Besty

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That`s actually a fine response. It would generally merit a greenie but I think I`ll stay strong a resist.

That's my boy

Anyway this paints nearly dry now , so let's move on 

Truthhurts was another complete roaster.