The Queen of the South thread

In which case outfield players wouldn't miss place a pass, miss a tackle ,miss hit a free kick, overhit a corner etc 
As for goalkeepers I saw queens v Dundee utd And watched Cammy bell kick the ball out of play for  two consecutive goal kicks, that was n the first half and before substituting himself at half time .
This is the real world remember the majority of players at This level are a tadge better than English non league players.
I dare South shields would turn qos over

The same South Shields we beat 3-1 last season?

Away for a lie down.

7 minutes ago, Besty said:

In which case outfield players wouldn't miss place a pass, miss a tackle ,miss hit a free kick, overhit a corner etc 

As for goalkeepers I saw queens v Dundee utd And watched Cammy bell kick the ball out of play for  two consecutive goal kicks, that was n the first half and before substituting himself at half time .

This is the real world remember the majority of players at This level are a tadge better than English non league players.

I dare South shields would turn qos over

I typed a reply but the site went down and I cant be bothered typing it again

Basically, if you cant see the difference between taking a goal kick and passing the ball in normal play I think we're done here

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The same South Shields we beat 3-1 last season?

Away for a lie down.

No the one that won the fa vase with a score  average of 4 goals a game.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Basically, if you cant see the difference between taking a goal kick and passing the ball in normal play I think we're done here

And the difference is ?

FYI trying to put the ball on someone's head from 60 metres within a couple of square yds is a damn site harder than playing a shorter ball to someone who can move and Is Not surrounded by 14 to 16 players .

Practice yourself and give It A go, maybe upload a video.

I rest my case 

Edited by Besty

21 minutes ago, Besty said:

And the difference is ?

FYI trying to put the ball on someone's head from 60 metres within a couple of square yds is a damn site harder than playing a shorter ball to someone who can move and Is Not surrounded by 14 to 16 players .

Practice yourself and give It A go, maybe upload a video.

I rest my case 

The keeper has to hit anywhere between the line and the centre circle so I think we can knock the "couple of square yards" bollocks on the head straight away.

The difference is pretty obvious. Outfield players rarely, if ever, play exactly the same pass twice. The distance to the other player, speed of the ball, their own body angle, position and pressure from the opposition will never be the same. Even free kicks are from different positions, angles, distances etc. A corner is the only thing reasonably similar but even then, the corner taker is hitting a smaller target area and putting a lot more pace on the ball.

A goal kick is an, unchallenged, unrushed kick from exactly the same place on the field aiming at exactly the same place on the field. 

43 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Was the reply f**k off you tedious c**t?

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

The keeper has to hit anywhere between the line and the centre circle so I think we can knock the "couple of square yards" bollocks on the head straight away.

The difference is pretty obvious. Outfield players rarely, if ever, play exactly the same pass twice. The distance to the other player, speed of the ball, their own body angle, position and pressure from the opposition will never be the same. Even free kicks are from different positions, angles, distances etc. A corner is the only thing reasonably similar but even then, the corner taker is hitting a smaller target area and putting a lot more pace on the ball.

A goal kick is an, unchallenged, unrushed kick from exactly the same place on the field aiming at exactly the same place on the field. 

It's hard to get through to A brick wall but I'll try one more time.

Think of it as a hole in one to a golfer no challenge etc.

There's one man usually dykes,del,or Anderson prior to that so what happens is the big opposing players go in that area and presto we never win AZ ball.

Do you follow me so far

You don't expect the Smaller team members to win a ball in the air against a centre half do you.?

As I mentioned previously the player hog the line therefore what you suggested was as I also mentioned b@locks.

Its apparent that this is the way the gaffer sets it up,therefore odd times balls will go out of play.

Martin has a. Huge kick amongst his locker(maybe the attraction) and will no doubt do exactly the same if asked.

Further more you analology regarding never playing the same pass twice is absurd,also when would you ever chose to pass the ball to a marked player.

Players are generally in space when receiving the ball, but if you haven't played you wouldn't know how it works.

Now can I suggest you read and digest before replying.

Edited by Besty

29 minutes ago, Besty said:

There's one man usually dykes,del,or Anderson prior to that so what happens is the big opposing players go in that area and presto we never win AZ ball.

Do you follow me so far

You don't expect the Smaller team members to win a ball in the air against a centre half do you.?

As I mentioned previously the player hog the line therefore what you suggested was as I also mentioned b@locks.

Its apparent that this is the way the gaffer sets it up,therefore odd times balls will go out of play.

Martin has a. Huge kick amongst his locker(maybe the attraction) and will no doubt do exactly the same if asked.

Further more you analology regarding never playing the same pass twice is absurd,also when would you ever chose to pass the ball to a marked player.

Players are generally in space when receiving the ball, but if you haven't played you wouldn't know how it works.

What the f**k is an anolology?

42 minutes ago, Besty said:

Do you follow me so far

Besty has an ology.

The subject matter would seem to be anal.

59 minutes ago, Besty said:

Do you follow me so far

Yes, but actually winning the ball, or how many players are in that area has absolutely no bearing on the keepers ability to kick the ball in that general direction, which is all thats required.

No, but again, its not relevant.

You did mention bollocks .. a lot.

The players do hug the touchline, generally so that they can run inside and take a running jump at the ball rather than a standing one. As I said, the keeper really only needs to hit an area between the line and the centre circle, roughly.

The odd time, yes, but it was far more regular than that last season. It remains to be seen if Martin is asked to do the same and/or if he's any better at it. He couldnt really be any worse though

Its not absurd in the slightest. Just because you didnt understand it didnt make it absurd. I never once mentioned passing to a marked player

Put it another way, a keeper could spend hours on the training pitch practising goal kicks with absolutely no one else on the pitch and that would replicate exactly what he has to do during a match. No other player could do that for any aspect of the game, with the possible exception of corners.

Ah, the good old "you've never played". The battle cry of the desperate

I struggle to read what you post. Can I suggest the same to you, before you hit reply :rolleyes:

Im beginning to think it should have been.
Im also beginning to worry that this might actually be Lee Robinson [emoji38] :unsure2:

He's 100% connected to him in some form.

I can promise you Alan Martin is an astronomical upgrade on Robinson. Think of the amount of shite Worsty talks, that's how much better Martin is than Robinson.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can promise you Alan Martin is an astronomical upgrade on Robinson. Think of the amount of shite Worsty talks, that's how much better Martin is than Robinson.

Bloody hell there's 2

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Just an admirer of talent hence the username best derived from that fabulous talented footballer George Best 

Whey hey

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yes, but actually winning the ball, or how many players are in that area has absolutely no bearing on the keepers ability to kick the ball in that general direction, which is all thats required.

No, but again, its not relevant.

You did mention bollocks .. a lot.

The players do hug the touchline, generally so that they can run inside and take a running jump at the ball rather than a standing one. As I said, the keeper really only needs to hit an area between the line and the centre circle, roughly.

The odd time, yes, but it was far more regular than that last season. It remains to be seen if Martin is asked to do the same and/or if he's any better at it. He couldnt really be any worse though

Its not absurd in the slightest. Just because you didnt understand it didnt make it absurd. I never once mentioned passing to a marked player

Put it another way, a keeper could spend hours on the training pitch practising goal kicks with absolutely no one else on the pitch and that would replicate exactly what he has to do during a match. No other player could do that for any aspect of the game, with the possible exception of corners.

Ah, the good old "you've never played". The battle cry of the desperate

I struggle to read what you post. Can I suggest the same to you, before you hit reply :rolleyes:

That's some run  and jump, ha

I guess I  gave you more credit than you're worth apologies and It Wasn't even "joined up"writing

You know It would be great if the photos of  the posters were attached to there quotes as  I have my only little picture in my head , they all look like people I Wouldn't associated with  in real life,yet here I am trying to educate them funny Isn't.

Edited by Besty