The Queen of the South thread

Ex Queens man Iain Russell has hung up his boots according to today's papers. Finished his career at his favourite Club, Airdrie. Wants to spend more time with his family. He had the knack of exciting you and infuriating you in equal measure. He had off-field issues which were well publicised. Wishing him all the best for the future.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

45 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Don't quite get why the board would block this sale. It's not as if they are trying for some sort of  coup d'état.

How many shares are there total?

The current Board are not interested in a democratically appointed Board member to represent the fans. They are quite happy with their fiefdom and taking the donations from fan groups without them having any say in the running of the club via a Board member.

When the fans first approached them about having a representative on the Board, they threatened to resign if it happened. It's a closed shop. The Trust in tandem with other Supporter Groups and the Council through their shareholding put forward a resolution at the last Queens AGM and after a silver tongued speech by a previous Chairman, there was a vote and the proposal didn't get enough support. Know your place and all that.

If you are a Trust member or are genuinely interested in the recent history and the numbers of shares held/required, I suggest you email the trust direct via their website and they will apprise you of the situation.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

giphy.gif

I don't think KftS was trying to start a discussion on the subject. I think he was explaining to BG the futility of dicussing the subject.

Disappointed that Lots of players I would have liked in queens colours next year getting signed up by our rivals, hope the manager has good players in the pipeline.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Disappointed that Lots of players I would have liked in queens colours next year getting signed up by our rivals, hope the manager has good players in the pipeline.

Worry not. We still have Hilson and Rigg's wages to play with. 

19 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Im actually quite relieved some of the ones I thought/dreaded we might sign have recently been snapped up elsewhere.

The current Board are not interested in a democratically appointed Board member to represent the fans. They are quite happy with their fiefdom and taking the donations from fan groups without them having any say in the running of the club via a Board member.
When the fans first approached them about having a representative on the Board, they threatened to resign if it happened. It's a closed shop. The Trust in tandem with other Supporter Groups and the Council through their shareholding put forward a resolution at the last Queens AGM and after a silver tongued speech by a previous Chairman, there was a vote and the proposal didn't get enough support. Know your place and all that.
If you are a Trust member or are genuinely interested in the recent history and the numbers of shares held/required, I suggest you email the trust direct via their website and they will apprise you of the situation.

All very Tory esque. Would expect nothing less in the Borders tbh.

Shame.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

All very Tory esque. Would expect nothing less in the Borders tbh.

Shame.

Leaving aside your little 'Borders' joke, I actually believe you're onto something here.

It would appear that forelock tugging is to the fore when various votes are held.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I think we are waiting to see who is available on loan.Only way we will get quality players in .Think our budget will be less than other full time teams in our league.

Don't ruin the joke MT, the lack of bites is most frustrating.

Tory voting Borderers is a common slur towards us which at the time was utter nonsense. Sadly it's only 50% nonsense now :angry:

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don't ruin the joke MT, the lack of bites is most frustrating.

You made the mistake of missing out "bumpkins". 

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A season has over 40 games m8.

And your point is?

My point is that you don't become a bad player overnight , we know we were capable of beating teams yet non of the managers including naysmith who by far had the worst stats could instill/restore  confidence in the team.

The players become scapegoats.

All the criticism shown to the players wasn't heard when the team were winning.

19 minutes ago, Besty said:

And your point is?

My point is that you don't become a bad player overnight , we know we were capable of beating teams yet non of the managers including naysmith who by far had the worst stats could instill/restore  confidence in the team.

The players become scapegoats.

All the criticism shown to the players wasn't heard when the team were winning.

His point is quite clear! you seem unable to grasp the fact that just because a team has a good start doesn't mean they are the best team in the league.  We finished 6th because there were 5 better teams in the league.