The Queen of the South thread

Would like some more signing news sooner rather than later, 2/3 quality signings needed to prove to the supporters that the club is meaning business, don't waste Dobbie's presence at the club, the club must push on.

We really need 3 good experienced players.

Mark Stewart would be one i would go for  but the big signing i would try and get would be Gavin Gunning .He would be a huge signing for us exactly what we need.Experience costs money something that we don't really have.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would like some more signing news sooner rather than later, 2/3 quality signings needed to prove to the supporters that the club is meaning business, don't waste Dobbie's presence at the club, the club must push on.

Days since last signing = 2 

Squad News
Actually when I look back it was this article I was thinking of. It actually says he had already committed although that was only verbal. He signed a new contract that day along with Tapping and Murray.

Yeah that's maybe where I've took it from, didn't think it was actually signed and sealed. But fair enough.

23 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Anyone have more details on this?

20 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I was just about to post that. Team name needed for my transfer thread please.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was told months he ago he was going to join up with McGuffie but I've no idea if that's where he's ended up. If it is then he's joined St Albans Saints.

He's not joining McGuffie. Team name is on our squad list on the pinned thread. Sunshine George Cross of Melbourne apparently.

Is that 8 new Summer signings for the Buddies? St Mirren will have a decent budget this coming season with the £200K they received from Barnsley for Mallan. They probably see this season as a good opportunity to push for promotion with Hibs out the way.

With both Lyle and Dobbie signed up, it might be better for Naysmith to look to the loan market for a young striker who can learn off them.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Andy Dowie. Lend us your thoughts.

Certainly one of our very best players over past few years. He did slow up this season past but I would be very surprised if he is not a standout in this league.

Tremendous team ethic and great attitude. Also very comfortable on the ball.

I wish him very well - is signing official?

30 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Certainly one of our very best players over past few years. He did slow up this season past but I would be very surprised if he is not a standout in this league.

Tremendous team ethic and great attitude. Also very comfortable on the ball.

I wish him very well - is signing official?

Yeah, it was confirmed earlier today.  I knew he was a solid performer with you, I was just worried the wheels had come off, so to speak, in the last year. I'm sure he'll fill Darren Barr's spot quite nicely.

He's not joining McGuffie. Team name is on our squad list on the pinned thread. Sunshine George Cross of Melbourne apparently.

Thanks. Never heard of them. Quick google says they are a 2nd tier Victorian side. That's quite a low level.