The Queen of the South thread

24 hour rolling news channels and social media provide a blank space that needs constantly filling. It means 95% is inane nonsense or complete bluster. I'm quite happy saving the speculation for those mediums and leaving the OS for factual information.

On that note does anyone know what Bob Harris was doing in Marchbank's bakers yesterday about half past two?

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned or not but when do we find out which of the cup games we play home or away? 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Domestic Cup Football Forum may have this information but I'm sure it's mentioned in earlier posts on here too. I think it's this midweek.

Edit: Did a quick check and no word of when fixtures will be announced.

The SPFL website says they will be announced next week

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

24 hour rolling news channels and social media provide a blank space that needs constantly filling. It means 95% is inane nonsense or complete bluster. I'm quite happy saving the speculation for those mediums and leaving the OS for factual information.

On that note does anyone know what Bob Harris was doing in Marchbank's bakers yesterday about half past two?

Buying a cream cake.

Ex Queens player Dan Orsi wins the Junior Cup with Glenafton Athletic, set up their first goal too.  I always thought he showed potential but unfortunately never seemed the same for us coming back from injury. We'll done anyway and commiserations to Tucker Sloan the Auchinleck Talbot Manager.

Ex Queens player Dan Orsi wins the Junior Cup with Glenafton Athletic, set up their first goal too.  I always thought he showed potential but unfortunately never seemed the same for us coming back from injury. We'll done anyway and commiserations to Tucker Sloan the Auchinleck Talbot Manager.

Lovely lad,limited footballer . Absolute athlete.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game and I believe Dan Orsi got man of the match.  With reference to the misdirected header in the first half from the Auchinleck forward, I was delighted to hear that the Gaelic for 50p heid is 50p heid!  Well done Alba!

Just the ones where he was at Leeds,motherwell and Hamilton, so just the one.
And you

Actively selecting the 3 clubs he barely played for just to prove a point, about a goalkeeper you've never actually seen play. Wit a fuckin roaster.

I watched him around 30 times last season. He's probably the best goalkeeper I've seen at Dumbarton. I've absolutely no doubt he will be far superior to Lee Robinson.

Think Dan Orsi would have made it with us but got a really bad injury never the same player.
Seems to have found his level now good to see him playing well
Now surely some new signing this week 

I didn't think he ever looked particularly great tbh. He had two excellent games for us as I recall but both came against a really poor Stirling side. I was surprised he didn't get a gig at Annan. He could do better than the Juniors but he's not up to this level.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't think he ever looked particularly great tbh. He had two excellent games for us as I recall but both came against a really poor Stirling side. I was surprised he didn't get a gig at Annan. He could do better than the Juniors but he's not up to this level.

Neither is Danny Carmichael or Lyndon up to this level. I'd have Dan Orsi before them any day. Cracking player! 

Neither is Danny Carmichael or Lyndon up to this level. I'd have Dan Orsi before them any day. Cracking player! 

Well that's just utter nonsense. You could have a point about Dykes but Carmichael has clearly proved himself at this level. Carmichael is a far better player than Orsi; it's not even up for debate.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Actively selecting the 3 clubs he barely played for just to prove a point, about a goalkeeper you've never actually seen play. Wit a fuckin roaster.

I watched him around 30 times last season. He's probably the best goalkeeper I've seen at Dumbarton. I've absolutely no doubt he will be far superior to Lee Robinson.

Ha, exactly 

I love it  when youre angry

I can just imagine the seethe on here if Naysmith opted to play a 25 year old he'd signed from the juniors ahead of Carmichael next season.

I'm glad Orsi is doing well at a respectable level after a serious injury but he's nowhere near good enough for us lets not kid ourselves.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty sure guys at Glenafton will be earning more than they could at Annan and other League 2 clubs so he may be quite happy at that level.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well that's just utter nonsense. You could have a point about Dykes but Carmichael has clearly proved himself at this level. Carmichael is a far better player than Orsi; it's not even up for debate.

Maybe proved himself at this level before but I don't think he's up to it now. You might think Danny is better than Orsi but I certainly don't.