The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

Do we know yet if the EK game will be home or away?

No. We presume we will be away to Accies but will need to wait for the fixtures to see what the League decide about the rest of them. I would prefer to be at home to Albion Rovers. Not really bothered what way round the Stenny and EK games are.

No kidding? We know what you are talking about and its perfectly clear what the Board's policy on admission for ALL games is. Like I said, if you think you are getting ripped off in cup games then dont go. Thats your choice to make.
The boards policy ? .
I dont need you to tell me what games to attend .I was watching games while you were supporting your school boy heros .
No kidding .

1 hour ago, weeredbook said:

The boards policy ? .
I dont need you to tell me what games to attend .I was watching games while you were supporting your school boy heros .
No kidding .

Queens are trying to run a full time team so they need a certain income yearly to budget for. If you're a Queens  supporter then you won't whinge about a few quid.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nobody mentioned the League Cup draw yet?

Hamilton, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers & East Kilbride.

Decent enough draw with not much travel in it. Decent chance of progress too.

Probably 'cause it's being mentioned on the Domestic Cup thread, you know the thread for discussing  domestic cup competitions.

Nobody mentioned the League Cup draw yet?
Hamilton, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers & East Kilbride.
Decent enough draw with not much travel in it. Decent chance of progress too.

Any idea when fixtures are out? Hope Albion rovers and East Kilbride are away. And will stenny effect pre season game? Did we not change one last year for similar reasons?

2 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

Any idea when fixtures are out? Hope Albion rovers and East Kilbride are away. And will stenny effect pre season game? Did we not change one last year for similar reasons?

The League will announce them sometime in the next week or so. And I think you can be virtually certain the Stenny friendly will now be cancelled and we'll look to set something else up that day.

Personally I'd rather have Albion Rovers at home. They are the highest placed of the three non seeds and also the only grass pitch in the group. We also had an absolute horror of a result there last season. Not that bothered what way round EK and Stenny are though I guess it would be nice to take in an official fixture at a new ground. We played a pre-season game against Clyde at KPark in Allan Johnston's season so I've seen us play there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

They are out already. If you mean specifically as in who we have home and away then I don't think that's been decided yet.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-group-stage-draw-55/

Worried about Albion Rovers tbh.

This. I was quite surprised to see a couple of our posters wanting them in the draw beforehand. Twice they've done us in the cup, hopefully not a bad hat-trick.

The League will announce them sometime in the next week or so. And I think you can be virtually certain the Stenny friendly will now be cancelled and we'll look to set something else up that day.
Personally I'd rather have Albion Rovers at home. They are the highest placed of the three non seeds and also the only grass pitch in the group. We also had an absolute horror of a result there last season. Not that bothered what way round EK and Stenny are though I guess it would be nice to take in an official fixture at a new ground. We played a pre-season game against Clyde at KPark in Allan Johnston's season so I've seen us play there.

Just for the day out I'm meaning. Miss first game on 15th regardless

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

This. I was quite surprised to see a couple of our posters wanting them in the draw beforehand. Twice they've done us in the cup, hopefully not a bad hat-trick.

The infamous "Mark Yardley Game" was in 2005. I don't think there's a single player from either side still playing League football now. We had beaten Rovers in 6 successive games, including two cup ties, and conceded only one goal in that run before last season's Scottish Cup embarrassment. You may as well say you don't want Stenhousemuir because they were one of the two teams to beat in the 2013 Double season!

Rovers are a division below and have lost their manager and at least two of their better young players to St Mirren this month. Nothing predictable about football obviously or we wouldn't have contrived to lose the Scottish Cup tie last season but it's a good enough draw. Relatively speaking we got the lowest ranked Top Seed and, of the 12 bottom pot sides we could have got, we got the ones ranked: 6th, 7th & 12th.

The infamous "Mark Yardley Game" was in 2005. I don't think there's a single player from either side still playing League football now. We had beaten Rovers in 6 successive games, including two cup ties, and conceded only one goal in that run before last season's Scottish Cup embarrassment. You may as well say you don't want Stenhousemuir because they were one of the two teams to beat in the 2013 Double season!
Rovers are a division below and have lost their manager and at least two of their better young players to St Mirren this month. Nothing predictable about football obviously or we wouldn't have contrived to lose the Scottish Cup tie last season but it's a good enough draw. Relatively speaking we got the lowest ranked Top Seed and, of the 12 bottom pot sides we could have got, we got the ones ranked: 6th, 7th & 12th.

The side that beat us last season was likely a whole different squad as well. Being beaten twice by a club (even so far apart in time) so far below you is a wee cause for apprehension. Logically it's ridiculous to feel that way but as you know, superstition and football can go hand in hand at times and reason is thrown out the window!

And tbh the loss to Rovers in the cup last season was 90% our poor play and only 10% them. Agree we'd be better off with them at home this time though.

Why do we not do interviews with Naysmith to find out how things are going .

Dumbarton a part time club  have regular interviews with there manager. 

Is Naysmith away on holiday surely he has a few more new signing  still to come in

Edited by Northfield 53

It seems to be Queens' policy not to discuss possible transfer or signing targets before the deal is completed. I can quite accept that,  so regular interviews with the Manager in the early part of the close season would be fairly fruitless I would think. Plus everyone, even football managers,  are surely entitled to a break.  

56 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why do we not do interviews with Naysmith to find out how things are going .

Dumbarton a part time club  have regular interviews with there manager. 

Is Naysmith away on holiday surely he has a few more new signing  still to come in

There will be more signings to come in.

I fail to see the point in an interview with the manager where all he would do is confirm that he (the club) is talking to "targets" and that signings will be announced by the club once they are actually signed.

Also Stevie Aitken seems to use as many media opportunities as possible to tout himself for every job going rather than some noble effort to keep the fans informed. They also haven't signed anyone yet so it doesn't really make much of a difference. Outing that Martin was about to sign for Queens before the deal was confirmed made him look rather unprofessional as well.

37 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned or not but when do we find out which of the cup games we play home or away? 

Domestic Cup Football Forum may have this information but I'm sure it's mentioned in earlier posts on here too. I think it's this midweek.

Edit: Did a quick check and no word of when fixtures will be announced.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs