The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol:

Of all the weird stuff that has happened recently, Scott Robertson's career is probably the strangest. An utter jobber at Queens, goes down to Stirling Albion gets them promoted to the second tier and then gets strangely signed for Partick Thistle. After leaving, he transitions from an industrious (shit) midfielder to a centre half and now apparently the Cairnryan Cafu. Football is bloody stupid at times.

Edited by Sloop John B

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I thought he did alright for us, for the most part.

Would agree with that, can't think of him doing much wrong. Thought he was so?id enough at right back.

It must have been frustrating for Hamill being dropped to the bench and watching Mercer faff about, then when Mercer gets dropped Naysmith  pulls  one of our best midfielders back to RB and Hamill doesn't even make the squad. I would think his release couldn't come quick enough for him. He wasn't perfect but was certainly a better option than moving Jacobs to that position. He should do ok with the cleyholers.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Would any of you Queens fans be happy to take Gavin Reilly back ? 

We're actively trying to sign him from Hearts, what's your honest opinions on him given how poor the Pars fans rated him.

I think most of us would probably take him if it was an option. We probably need another forward and whilst he clearly had a horrible season, he did well with us before and works hard on the pitch.

I'm far from astonished that James Fowler would be interested in working with him again. Having managed him for a season he will know what he would be getting.

4 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

From a footballing viewpoint, yes. From a P&B viewpoint no because it would mean that "Charlie" would make a Lazarus style re-appearance on this thread!

6 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

We're actively trying to sign him from Hearts, what's your honest opinions on him given how poor the Pars fans rated him.

I would definitely have him back.

Indeed, I'm disappointed to learn that doing so appears less likely if you lot are interested.  

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It must have been frustrating for Hamill being dropped to the bench and watching Mercer faff about, then when Mercer gets dropped Naysmith  pulls  one of our best midfielders back to RB and Hamill doesn't even make the squad. I would think his release couldn't come quick enough for him. He wasn't perfect but was certainly a better option than moving Jacobs to that position. He should do ok with the cleyholers.

That's sums Naysmith up , clueless.

Edited by Besty

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I would definitely have him back.

Indeed, I'm disappointed to learn that doing so appears less likely if you lot are interested.  

James Fowler must be confident that our management team can rekindle the form he displayed with Queens a few seasons back.

I can see us taking a chance with both Reilly and Loy next season.We should find out soon enough as Jack Ross is doing his business early.

22 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Think Queens would be a safer bet if he was offered. Would imagine bigger expectations at St Mirren  and prob last chance saloon for him.

Lower expectations is hardly a good reason to pick a new club

Sorry but this sentiment that Lee should stay "because he's a legend" is a load of nonsense. This is a football club and Lee knows that as much as anyone else.

Clearly he has been replaced by someone better and that is a good thing for Queens. If stays as goalkeeper coach fair enough, but it may also be a good thing if his wage is freed up for another position in the team.

I love Lee and his hair, and everything he's done for us but we can't keep people because they're legends! I don't see Terry staying at Chelsea or Rooney staying at United for the same reason?!

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 17:19, sneeuq said:

Think Queens would be a safer bet if he was offered. Would imagine bigger expectations at St Mirren  and prob last chance saloon for him.

Strange comment to make, no?

On 2017-5-27 at 11:12, football maniac said:

Someone in Dumbarton forum linked us with Darren Barr. All the players that have left Dumbarton seem to be getting glowing reviews yet together as a team they avoided the relegation playoffs on goal difference. Something doesn't add up. Its almost certain Martin will be a good signing but whats not certain is whether Stirling or Barr will be good. I saw their fans rave about Buchanan aswell as Carswell, Nade and Harvie. If these guys were so good they wouldn't have finished where they did.

Barr splits our support, some (like myself) think he's a decent centre back for this level and others think he's the root of our problems. As for us finishing where we did, we got Nade and Vaughan in January and both players played a big part in our form after that. Before January we were playing awful, defensive, try not to lose football. We got beat off Bonnyrigg and changed our approach which led to better resulta and better performances from the players you mention. It's no surprise to me that these guys are moving upwards and very few of our players are dropping down levels.

Edit - I'd heard Barr was considering a job offer away from football so I'd be surprised to hear him going full time but stranger things have happened.

Edited by The Moonster