The Queen of the South thread

16 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Fae_the_'briggs you are almost certainly thinking of Michael Paton, not Eric.

You're spot on. Book me into the home now. Confusing Paton M. as a defender had me stumped. I think I just saw the name Paton and got the wrong bloke. I'll stop digging now.

Scored some cracking goals. Against Ross county from the halfway line was it. Can remember a couple of screamers against Raith at home and Partick thistle aswell.

The Fleetwood friendly will be like a home game for Dobbie

Think this season to get the best out of Dobbie let him train with say Fleetwood at the start of the week then get him up here on the Thursday..

Edited by Northfield 53

Someone in Dumbarton forum linked us with Darren Barr. All the players that have left Dumbarton seem to be getting glowing reviews yet together as a team they avoided the relegation playoffs on goal difference. Something doesn't add up. Its almost certain Martin will be a good signing but whats not certain is whether Stirling or Barr will be good. I saw their fans rave about Buchanan aswell as Carswell, Nade and Harvie. If these guys were so good they wouldn't have finished where they did.

Someone in Dumbarton forum linked us with Darren Barr. All the players that have left Dumbarton seem to be getting glowing reviews yet together as a team they avoided the relegation playoffs on goal difference. Something doesn't add up. Its almost certain Martin will be a good signing but whats not certain is whether Stirling or Barr will be good. I saw their fans rave about Buchanan aswell as Carswell, Nade and Harvie. If these guys were so good they wouldn't have finished where they did.

It's one way of looking at it but it's not as simple as that in reality. I think most if not every Dumbarton fan would have kept Martin and Stirling (not sure how they feel about Barr). Every side will have some valuable players that could fit into better sides.

Falkirk being a good example. They had 5 players in their squad that played for us and they finished 2nd in the league. And only a couple of those players were really missed by us. One player doesn't make a team so I've no issue signing players from teams below us if they look a good addition and in all honesty we're not going to be signing many players from sides higher than us.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's one way of looking at it but it's not as simple as that in reality. I think most if not every Dumbarton fan would have kept Martin and Stirling (not sure how they feel about Barr). Every side will have some valuable players that could fit into better sides.

Falkirk being a good example. They had 5 players in their squad that played for us and they finished 2nd in the league. And only a couple of those players were really missed by us. One player doesn't make a team so I've no issue signing players from teams below us if they look a good addition and in all honesty we're not going to be signing many players from sides higher than us.

Both Stirling and Martin have struggled at previous clubs but both had good seasons at dumbarton.

Not sure we hat will happen this season with them both.

Technically Martin looks awful but he was effective against us this season  and seems to have Been consistent.

he's too comfortable with the ball at his feet but has a decent kick on him.

Let's hope

Edited by Besty

I cant believe that we could free Chris Higgins and think that Darren Barr is a suitable replacement. Would take Buchanan but please not Darren Barr.

Buchanan is at St Mirren i think.

A good signing I would think.
Am I to assume from your signature that your place of birth is our region's capital?

Don't know what the managers plans are as in Scott Robertson I'd say we have one of the best right backs in the league.
Robbo is very versatile but looks most assured at RB. Have heard Hamill is the same.

I will not disclose such information.