The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd heard England somewhere. If he ends up at Annan it's safe to say that he's massively fucked up.

I'm wondering if it's TNS again. They're based in England, pay megabucks and obviously keep an eye on our players. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm wondering if it's TNS again. They're based in England, pay megabucks and obviously keep an eye on our players. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

True, if he's mates with Saunders too then that's a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Dumbarton local paper reporting that he is signing for us :unsure2:

The article says verbally agreed, which is what I heard last week. I heard yesterday he'd decided against the move to Queens as an offer from down south came in. Every chance the reporter is going on the info Aldo told him last week. Also every chance that the down south rumour is bullshit and he is set to sign for you mind you. 

Great signing by Naysmith if rumours are correct, Martin was the standout player at Dumbarton last season, would be fantastic No1 for Queens. The defence looks to be getting stronger all the time, Could Robinson cope with being Goalie Coach and No2 don't thinkso, time will tell....

Great signing by Naysmith if rumours are correct, Martin was the standout player at Dumbarton last season, would be fantastic No1 for Queens. The defence looks to be getting stronger all the time, Could Robinson cope with being Goalie Coach and No2 don't thinkso, time will tell....

Is goalkeeper coach a paid role or just an extra duty sort of thing. Coco may be tempted to stay and do the cups and work more on his coaching . . .

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Is goalkeeper coach a paid role or just an extra duty sort of thing. Coco may be tempted to stay and do the cups and work more on his coaching . . .

Why would he do the cups canny mind Atkinson doing them last season.

19 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Why would he get the chance if doing the cups canny mind Atkinson getting the chance, as for the coaching he needs to learn an awful lot from himself then...

Why would he do the cups canny mind Atkinson doing them last season.

Why would he get the chance if doing the cups canny mind Atkinson getting the chance, as for the coaching he needs to learn an awful lot from himself then...

Am I being whooshed here? :unsure:

The level of disrespect being shown to Lee Robinson is absolutely appalling. 

People have very short memories it seems. 

There are numerous occasions when he made superb saves in the season just gone to either keep us in games or to avoid a real drubbing.

I just don't understand some 'so called' football fans who can't wait to condemn their own players.

Moreover, no-one from that glorious double-winning squad should ever be subjected to any stick whatsoever.

I was disgusted to hear Nicky Clark being abused when returning with Rangers.  Perhaps though that may have been down to the vile Celtic/Rangers divide and/or the troublemaking group that attached themselves at that time - I believe Jamie McDonald also took some stick in the Cup QF with Falkirk though I have heard him and Cammy Bell being well received on the whole by genuine fans. I guess, as usual, it's the moronic minority that let us and the Club down.  Our former players should always be shown the respect they deserve.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

There are numerous occasions when he made superb saves in the season just gone to either keep us in games or to avoid a real drubbing.

I just don't understand some 'so called' football fans who can't wait to condemn their own players.

Moreover, no-one from that glorious double-winning squad should ever be subjected to any stick whatsoever.

I was disgusted to hear Nicky Clark being abused when returning with Rangers.  Perhaps though that may have been down to the vile Celtic/Rangers divide and/or the troublemaking group that attached themselves at that time - I believe Jamie McDonald also took some stick in the Cup QF with Falkirk though I have heard him and Cammy Bell being well received on the whole by genuine fans. I guess, as usual, it's the moronic minority that let us and the Club down.  Our former players should always be shown the respect they deserve.

Absolutely spot on.

5 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Unfortunately you get some fans of the sort you mentioned at every club.

It is annoying but there's something going on in there little world that makes them think it's the thing to do,however,it is sad.