The Queen of the South thread

How did Dom Thomas end up doing for Queens?

I know he started quite well. He'll be into the last year of his deal with us this year so it's pretty much make or break for him. With Frear hitting form on our left wing and Cadden on the right with us apparently looking to talk to Ainsworth about extending his deal he'll still have a fair amount of competition on his return.

Given what seems to be widespread dissatisfaction with Lee Robinson - wholly unjustified in my opinion - I suspect there will be a clamour to sign up Craig Samson.
May not be a bad thing to have two experienced keepers vying with each other but would the budget be better spent on outfield players ?

No thanks. He was far from convincing when he played with us earlier in his career!

How did Dom Thomas end up doing for Queens?
I know he started quite well. He'll be into the last year of his deal with us this year so it's pretty much make or break for him. With Frear hitting form on our left wing and Cadden on the right with us apparently looking to talk to Ainsworth about extending his deal he'll still have a fair amount of competition on his return.

Would take him back in heartbeat, good player, think most our fans had resigned ourselves to him playing for you's. Started on fire as you say then maybe dipped slightly but he's a winger most are inconsistent at our level. Always felt like he would do something when he got the ball, an exciting player to watch. Well if he doesn't get look in, send him back here.

2 hours ago, Dg2020 said:

Just home from a day in Glasgow for meetings and happened to spot Naismith sat in a coffee spot with what looked like aidan nesbitt of Celtic and last years loan player Joe Thomson. Hopefully doing business.

f**k up rusty you Fud

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

There's a perfectly good coffee shop in the QOS Arena.  Doesn't say much about their commitment to the club if they are drinking at rival coffee shops.  Naismith out!

Doesn't say much about GN's responsibility with the budget either - some of these coffee shops costa lot and we're already paying 'average pro' money, not star bucks. Still - good he's chasing youth and not a bunch of has beans.

Ian McShane available on a free from Ross County. Would love to have him back.

I was thinking about him a couple of weeks back. So much so that I actually checked the recent squad list of County's game. He wasn't even on the bench. He's a player I'd love to see back and IMO of all the youngsters we lost that season I think he was the biggest loss for us.

I don't know where he's based now and if he would want to move. Like Reilly I don't know if they'd want to take a backwards step career wise but given they've not really made the step up I imagine both will feature at this level for some club next season. Ideally us!

Doesn't say much about GN's responsibility with the budget either - some of these coffee shops costa lot and we're already paying 'average pro' money, not star bucks. Still - good he's chasing youth and not a bunch of has beans.

You clearly put a latte effort into that post. You can't come up with puns like that in an instant.

Only a mug would give us a chance of winning a cup next season.

Just home from a day in Glasgow for meetings and happened to spot Naismith sat in a coffee spot with what looked like aidan nesbitt of Celtic and last years loan player Joe Thomson. Hopefully doing business.

Aye, meetings with your f*cking psychiatrist!

I was thinking about him a couple of weeks back. So much so that I actually checked the recent squad list of County's game. He wasn't even on the bench. He's a player I'd love to see back and IMO of all the youngsters we lost that season I think he was the biggest loss for us.

I don't know where he's based now and if he would want to move. Like Reilly I don't know if they'd want to take a backwards step career wise but given they've not really made the step up I imagine both will feature at this level for some club next season. Ideally us!

I agree that he was the biggest loss. He was the first player in there since we had Tosh that could really make the team tick, and funnily enough the centre of midfield has been a real weakness since he left.

1 hour ago, NM_1919 said:

Would take him back in heartbeat, good player, think most our fans had resigned ourselves to him playing for you's. Started on fire as you say then maybe dipped slightly but he's a winger most are inconsistent at our level. Always felt like he would do something when he got the ball, an exciting player to watch. Well if he doesn't get look in, send him back here.

Cheers. Going by Craigan's comments last season there are quite a few of his 20s squad that he was keen to get out on loan but wasn't able to for various reasons. There was a general feeling that getting players out on loan for competitive games isn't something they've done enough of.

Who knows, if Naysmith was happy with Thomas and it was felt it was beneficial for all parties there might be another couple turn up at some point. There are a few in that group that it'd be worth having a look at tbf.

39 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Ian McShane available on a free from Ross County. Would love to have him back.

Love Joy wasn't every fans fav to start with but he improved so much that he was a major miss to our midfield when he left.

3 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

But already trying to shoe horn Rankin Jacobs and Tapping I'd hate to see the formation he'd try fit McShane in aswell

Id like him back but don't think it'll happen as centre midfield is one of our more covered positions

We need more than 3 central midfielders, though. I'd take McShane back. I think he's an all round midfielder that could play alongside any of the three we already have

36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We need more than 3 central midfielders, though. I'd take McShane back. I think he's an all round midfielder that could play alongside any of the three we already have

What two would you start?(Hoping we don't play 4-5-1 long balls to Dobbie)

In my opinion Rankin is the worst out the 4 but I feel he'll start Everygame

Pretty sure he was injured the last few months and made a return to the bench for there last game on Saturday

9 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

What two would you start?(Hoping we don't play 4-5-1 long balls to Dobbie)

In my opinion Rankin is the worst out the 4 but I feel he'll start Everygame

If we signed McShane? Probably him and Jacobs, although I'd like to see Tapping get game time too, I think theres a really good player there

5 hours ago, Stu1 said:

Pretty sure he was injured the last few months and made a return to the bench for there last game on Saturday

He also has a year left on his contract at County but has been told he can go if he finds a new club