The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Scoring 4 goals, with two of those being penalties is absolutely shocking. He's scored 3 goals from open play in the past two seasons, it's not like he's a "provider" either, that's the very definition of a downward spiral.

Our latest signing M'voto has more goals and he's a fucking centre back.

Gavin Reilly is a better centre back than M'voto though. ;)

On the subject of artificial pitches the much criticised Alloa surface has been replaced by what looks like a very good pitch. Certainly looks as if it plays much better than ours - ball sits up nicely and the bounce factor looks a lot less severe than Palmerston.

Guest Flash
52 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

When are league fixtures announced?

23 June.

Draw for the League Cup is on the 2nd.

I'm happy with both of those teams. I've never been to Inverness, and Brechin is always enjoyable.

I always thought Inverness looked like a nicer, bigger version of Dumfries. It's a place I really like. No danger I'll be able to make it up next season though unfortunately.

The leagues starting to even up again after a few years with Big teams running away with it

Leagues going to be so close next year with a lot of teams the same quality,Almost every team have genuine belief they could get promoted 

But ultimately it's going to be lowest crowds from past years Losing Hibs and Dundee united(potentially) for Hamilton and Inverness and even teams going down,Losing Ayr and Raith for Brechin and Livi 

It really is shaping up to be a very tight looking league.

It's a real shame we didn't do even marginally better this season. That way we might not have had to have binned so many players, and confidence in Naysmith would have been higher. With less changes required the board could have maybe pushed the boat out a bit and had a right go next season.

With so many changes required though, I suspect we'll be in for another season of consolidation with fourth the height of our ambitions.

Very early days of course.