The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, pogo1910 said:

So what do we need to know about Chris Higgins? good points, bad points etc.

Good in the air and tackle. Usually shows a good reading of the game and judgement. Biggest weakness for me is his distribution. Positive signing. I would have given him another season at Palmerston. Hope he does well for you.

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm more confused than ever, what do people refer to the Daily Record as?

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've only ever heard it referred to as the Daily Ranger. My guess would be that the H word was maybe used? But I haven't a clue about the incident :lol:

41 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The Daily Beast?

I feel like Im being wooshed :unsure2:

Mustafa has already said what word he was warned for. The Daily Record is referred to on here a lot as the Daily R-version of the word.

Bit of an odd request, anyone got a photo of a Queens scarf?

Can only find ones which are folded over

0000023_printed-scarf_300.jpeg

Looking for something spread out like so?

5ixp.jpg

Spoiler

Wee Sebu photie there, mind him?

5 hours ago, pogo1910 said:

So what do we needest to know about Chris Higgins? good points, bad points etc.

Will be very good at that level, not the quickest but reads the game well. Supposed to be a bit of a fitness freek

Bit of an odd request, anyone got a photo of a Queens scarf?
Can only find ones which are folded over
0000023_printed-scarf_300.jpeg

Looking for something spread out like so?
5ixp.jpg
Spoiler Wee Sebu photie there, mind him?

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1495136910.716308.jpg

That's the only one with our name on I have. The one I use is blue and white stripes with a small badge at the end that's about 20 years old. But not sure if you want that or one of the modern ones with our name on.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1495136910.716308.jpg

That's the only one with our name on I have. The one I use is blue and white stripes with a small badge at the end that's about 20 years old. But not sure if you want that or one of the modern ones with our name on.

This is perfect.  Thanks very much for this.  

Good news.
It's probably a mistake to read much into it, but Naysmith's enthusiasm in the quote doesn't sound too overwhelming.

I was told he was offered less money* so perhaps Naysmith wasn't arsed either way.

Pre-Hibs Carmichael - Excellent signing.

Post-Hibs Carmichael - Meh signing.

* It's Dumfries though and we know what rumours around here are like.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was told he was offered less money* so perhaps Naysmith wasn't arsed either way.

Pre-Hibs Carmichael - Excellent signing.

Post-Hibs Carmichael - Meh signing.

* It's Dumfries though and we know what rumours around here are like.

Presumably Naysmith wants Danny to stay but not to the extent that he wishes to use more budget than is necessary to make that happen, 

Pragmatic management in my view and that`s from someone who remains to be convinced by Naysmith.

I`m pleased Danny has signed on again but if he`d left it wouldn`t have been a big issue for me. I`m not sure where he could have gone that would have been a better bet than staying with us and presumably Naysmith felt the same.

Agree with most comments re Danny.

To be fair given Danny's recent injury record and his failure to make the grade at Hibs (for whatever reason)I am not sure if he would have got any competing offers from a Scottish team with a higher status than our own. Add in the local element and it was probably a relatively easy decision for him.

Personally I think Danny is potentially still a really good option for us. Hopefully our manager will eventually deploy him in his best position - can't believe that he somehow thought that his performances wide left were adding any tangible value. Play him on the right - coach him diligently on delivery and finishing and we could have a terrific player once again.