The Queen of the South thread

Gunning would bring that outstanding combination of being a solid central defender, P&B box office value and the potential to kick off at any given moment. For all of those reasons and more. Count me in.

Regards to next season I can see it being this 

Robinson 

Mercer brownlie *new* Marshall

Stirling rankin jacobs *new*

Dobbie Lyle 

I can't see that many players coming in like some are thinking

Robinson will be in goal and Leighfield will take Atkinsons spot on bench 

Mercer will get his chance as he will be part of Naysmiths plans

Choice between Jacobs Rankin Tapping for middle 

Dobbie Lyle Dykes Murray as striker options 

As much as I'd love a new team I can't really see it, Hopefully I'm wrong but I can only see 3/4 at most coming in

Robinson 
Dobbie Lyle 

As much as I'd love a new team I can't really see it, Hopefully I'm wrong but I can only see 3/4 at most coming in

Relegation material right there. That defence seriously gives me the fear. I've no idea how good Stirling is at tracking back but hopefully he's on for doing it. I'd rather Mercer was loaned out for the season as he isn't up to it just now and if he is our starting RB next season then teams will easily exploit us down either side. I sincerely hope he isn't planning on wasting Jacobs there either. We need a good RB and CB yet. If we were only to bring in 3/4 players then it's a relegation scrap next season.

31 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Robinson 

Dobbie Lyle 

We've let 6 senior squad players go plus 4 younger players who were in or around the first team squad. Even if that equates to 7 senior players, to only bring in 3 or 4 would be a massive reduction to the squad. Thats before you take into account the 3 loan players who've gone.

The only reason to lose, effectively, 10 players and only bring in 3 or 4 would be cost cutting and theres been no suggestion of that from the club.

We've let 6 senior squad players go plus 4 younger players who were in or around the first team squad. Even if that equates to 7 senior players, to only bring in 3 or 4 would be a massive reduction to the squad. Thats before you take into account the 3 loan players who've gone.
The only reason to lose, effectively, 10 players and only bring in 3 or 4 would be cost cutting and theres been no suggestion of that from the club.

£2000 a week for Dobbie is starting to cripple us maybe. Will ask Houston for more info. about our finances.

This, I honestly can't believe some of the pish I read on this. He's came out numerous times saying he wants two players fighting it out for most positions, if he wasn't allowed this Id Imagine he'd have sacked it. Folk panicking because we've not signed anyone yet, leagues aren't even sorted yet

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Relegation material right there. That defence seriously gives me the fear. I've no idea how good Stirling is at tracking back but hopefully he's on for doing it. I'd rather Mercer was loaned out for the season as he isn't up to it just now and if he is our starting RB next season then teams will easily exploit us down either side. I sincerely hope he isn't planning on wasting Jacobs there either. We need a good RB and CB yet. If we were only to bring in 3/4 players then it's a relegation scrap next season.

Spot on!