The Queen of the South thread

Jim Atkinson, Scott Hooper, Jamie Hamill, Andy Dowie, Chris Higgins, Scott Hooper, Steven Rigg, Dale Hilson, Aidan Smith, Dean Brotherston and Owen Moxon all released. 

Danny Carmichael considering an offer.

Darren Brownlie, Derek Lyle, Callum Tapping and Connor Murray all sign extensions. Youngsters Ross Fergusson, Jesse Akubuine & Jack Leighfield also. Andy Stirling confirmed as joining from Dumbarton.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

In full from the Queens website.

"

As we bring the curtain down on another season, plans are well underway for the next campaign.

As the manager reshapes his squad for season 2017/18, several players will be leaving the club. Goal-keeper, Jim Atkinson, as well as defenders, Jamie Hamill, Chris Higgins , Andy Dowie and Scott Hooper are departing along with strikers, Dale Hilson and Steven Rigg who have spent much of the season sidelined with injury. Youngsters, Owen Moxon, Dean Brotherston and Aidan Smith who have all been out on loan will not have their contracts renewed.  Members of the Under 20 squad who are also being released are Richard Murray, Ayrton Sonkur, Jay McInally, Shane Glean, Cameron Copeland and Sam Henderson.

Manager Gary Naysmith wishes to thank each and everyone of the players who are moving on for their efforts "It's the hardest part of being a manager. It's really not nice having to tell players that there is nothing for them. It's been tough but we have to make plans for the future of Queen of the South".

"It's sad for players like Chris and Andy who have spent several years of their careers at the club and have been very professional both on and off the park. Chris had been club captain over a long period of time and carried out his role admirably. He was also a good ambassador for the club off the pitch as well. Andy also filled the captain's role on numerous occasions and I wish both players, and all the others players that are leaving us, all the very best for the future".

The manager also thanked both Motherwell and Celtic for allowing Dom Thomas, Joe Thomson and Connor McManus to join on loan. All three have now returned to their parent clubs.

Meanwhile, Darren Brownlie has put pen to paper on a new contract and Callum Tapping, Ross Ferguson, Connor Murray, Jack Leighfield, Owen Bell and Jesse Akubuine have all agreed contract extensions.

They join Derek Lyle, Lee Robinson, John Rankin, Stephen Dobbie, Scott Mercer, Jordan Marshall, Kyle Jacobs and Lyndon Dykes in committing their futures to the club for next seasons campaign. 

Dan Carmichael has been offered a new deal.

And midfielder, Andy Stirling has signed a pre-contract and joins from Dumbarton."

1 minute ago, outsider said:

In full from the Queens website.

"

As we bring the curtain down on another season, plans are well underway for the next campaign.

As the manager reshapes his squad for season 2017/18, several players will be leaving the club. Goal-keeper, Jim Atkinson, as well as defenders, Jamie Hamill, Chris Higgins , Andy Dowie and Scott Hooper are departing along with strikers, Dale Hilson and Steven Rigg who have spent much of the season sidelined with injury. Youngsters, Owen Moxon, Dean Brotherston and Aidan Smith who have all been out on loan will not have their contracts renewed.  Members of the Under 20 squad who are also being released are Richard Murray, Ayrton Sonkur, Jay McInally, Shane Glean, Cameron Copeland and Sam Henderson.

Manager Gary Naysmith wishes to thank each and everyone of the players who are moving on for their efforts "It's the hardest part of being a manager. It's really not nice having to tell players that there is nothing for them. It's been tough but we have to make plans for the future of Queen of the South".

"It's sad for players like Chris and Andy who have spent several years of their careers at the club and have been very professional both on and off the park. Chris had been club captain over a long period of time and carried out his role admirably. He was also a good ambassador for the club off the pitch as well. Andy also filled the captain's role on numerous occasions and I wish both players, and all the others players that are leaving us, all the very best for the future".

The manager also thanked both Motherwell and Celtic for allowing Dom Thomas, Joe Thomson and Connor McManus to join on loan. All three have now returned to their parent clubs.

Meanwhile, Darren Brownlie has put pen to paper on a new contract and Callum Tapping, Ross Ferguson, Connor Murray, Jack Leighfield, Owen Bell and Jesse Akubuine have all agreed contract extensions.

They join Derek Lyle, Lee Robinson, John Rankin, Stephen Dobbie, Scott Mercer, Jordan Marshall, Kyle Jacobs and Lyndon Dykes in committing their futures to the club for next seasons campaign. 

Dan Carmichael has been offered a new deal.

And midfielder, Andy Stirling has signed a pre-contract and joins from Dumbarton."

Couldnt you have just posted a link?

Tapping good today but is a lucky boy to be offered a new deal after all his injuries. Not too fussed about the rest being let go, big season for Mercer next year.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jim Atkinson, Scott Hooper, Jamie Hamill, Andy Dowie, Chris Higgins, Scott Hooper, Steven Rigg, Dale Hilson, Aidan Smith, Dean Brotherston and Owen Moxon all released. 

Danny Carmichael considering an offer.

Darren Brownlie, Derek Lyle, Callum Tapping and Connor Murray all sign extensions. Youngsters Ross Fergusson, Jesse Akubuine & Jack Leighfield also. Andy Stirling confirmed as joining from Dumbarton.

Wouldnt really argue with much of that. I think Hilson was worth another look and Im not entirely convinced by Brownlie but good to see Tapping getting another deal

Just now, outsider said:

Does it bother you?

I just dont really understand why when posting a link is easier

So so far it's(?):-

GK - Robinson

RB - Mercer
CB - Brownlie
CB - ?
LB - Marshall

RM - Stirling/Murray
CM - Tapping/Jacobs
CM - Rankin
LM - Carmichael?

ST - Lyle/Dykes
ST - Dobbie

12 first team players signed?

It's a pretty shocking statement to make when you have Dobbie in there but that makes for grim reading at this point. Naysmith has a big job on his hands this summer and at least if it goes tits up he'll have to take the flack himself.

For me we need an experienced CB to go alongside Brownlie. A new RB. Loan Mercer out if need be but he's not good enough for this level just now and if he is intending on playing Jacobs there permanently then I'll e concerned. A LM is definitely needed as is one or two CM's. If Tapping is fit for the season then I'm over the moon about him signing but it's a big risk so it's a subdued feeling.

Disappointed a release hasn't been negotiated for Dykes.

Just now, Mr X said:

Wouldnt really argue with much of that. I think Hilson was worth another look and Im not entirely convinced by Brownlie but good to see Tapping getting another deal

I just dont really understand why when posting a link is easier

Why do you think it's easier to copy and paste a link than it is  to copy and paste the article? Both take exactly the same time.

On the other hand it's a lot easier to read the text on here than have to have to open it in another window, think you're just having a grumble for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, outsider said:

Why do you think it's easier to copy and paste a link than it is  to copy and paste the article? Both take exactly the same time.

On the other hand it's a lot easier to read the text on here than have to have to open it in another window, think you're just having a grumble for the sake of it.

Clearly highlighting one line is quicker than selecting a whole passage of text. A single click in the address bar highlights the whole thing

On the other hand, its better for the club if people visit the website

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Clearly highlighting one line is quicker than selecting a whole passage of text. A single click in the address bar highlights the whole thing

On the other hand, its better for the club if people visit the website

Let it go, if this is all you've got to moan about I'd say you're doing no' bad.......

Any other Dobbie top goalscorer peeps still waiting on money? Showed McBookie the bet on Twitter while it was still open and they said I would win with half the stake, the bet is now registered as closed on the account with 'settled' next to £0. Do these things usually take time to register or am I just getting fucked over? Haven't won anything over a fiver on a bet before :unsure:

1 minute ago, outsider said:

Let it go, if this is all you've got to moan about I'd say you're doing no' bad.......

No, its just one of many things I could find to moan about. This is just one that happened to come up tonight.

Seriously, though, just post a link

Any other Dobbie top goalscorer peeps still waiting on money? Showed McBookie the bet on Twitter while it was still open and they said I would win with half the stake, the bet is now registered as closed on the account with 'settled' next to £0. Do these things usually take time to register or am I just getting fucked over? Haven't won anything over a fiver on a bet before :unsure:

Still pending. If it's come up as settled then get on the phone to the chancers. The bet is a winner.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Still pending. If it's come up as settled then get on the phone to the chancers. The bet is a winner.

I tweeted them afterwards asking what's going on, no reply and then they tweeted something 10 minutes later so they must be ignoring it. 

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, its just one of many things I could find to moan about. This is just one that happened to come up tonight.

Seriously, though, just post a link

I'll no' be coming on here telling you what to do, I'll let you work out the rest...

Enjoy the rest of your night.