The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, Swarley said:

So did I and I can't even view the goal as the video "isn't available in my region". Which is the problem with letting the public vote on these things. It's not about what one is best it's about who is the most popular.

I haven't even looked at the short list but the winner will be from the OF or one of the big Edinburgh clubs / Aberdeen I'd imagine.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I haven't even looked at the short list but the winner will be from the OF or one of the big Edinburgh clubs / Aberdeen I'd imagine.

No Aberdeen or Embra sides listed but you're right. Dembele will get it. Armstrong's is a decent strike but never a goal of the season.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No Aberdeen or Embra sides listed but you're right. Dembele will get it. Armstrong's is a decent strike but never a goal of the season.

Here's me thinking Hibs were an Embra side.....

Here's me thinking Hibs were an Embra side.....

Ah heck I missed that one. I watched them on my phone and before every video there was an advert. I must have skipped that one by accident :o

Just looking through stats and never realised we have the 2nd worse home form in the league
Can anyone think why? If it's set up then why don't we set up like we do for a away game at home?

HOME TABLE

TEAM               PLAYED   GD   PTS
Dundee United      18        14      39

Hibernian              17         20     34

Greenock Morton  17         6       31

Falkirk                   18         9       30

Raith Rovers        17          1      26

Dunfermline         18          3       25

St. Mirren             18          1       21

Dumbarton.          17         -2      21

Queen of South   17         -3      21

Ayr United            18        -19     16

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=scotland2&teamid=22

Unfortunately the stats do not lie. Second worst home record isn't all that surprising since the end of the 1st Quarter. Luckily Queens are third best away from home. Also 6th in Offence and 7th in Defence also tells it's own story. With the Quarter Total points of 18, 2, 15 & 8 with one game to play you can certainly see where Queens spiralled down the league with 7 straight defeats in Q2.

16 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:
Just looking through stats and never realised we have the 2nd worse home form in the league
Can anyone think why? If it's set up then why don't we set up like we do for a away game at home?

HOME TABLE

TEAM               PLAYED   GD   PTS
Dundee United      18        14      39

Hibernian              17         20     34

Greenock Morton  17         6       31

Falkirk                   18         9       30

Raith Rovers        17          1      26

Dunfermline         18          3       25

St. Mirren             18          1       21

Dumbarton.          17         -2      21

Queen of South   17         -3      21

Ayr United            18        -19     16

7 minutes ago, DOONHAMERS1919 said:

Unfortunately the stats do not lie. Second worst home record isn't all that surprising since the end of the 1st Quarter. Luckily Queens are third best away from home. Also 6th in Offence and 7th in Defence also tells it's own story. With the Quarter Total pojnts of 18, 2, 15 & 8 with one game to play you can certainly see where Queens spiralled down the league with 7 straight defeats in Q2.

It's certainly a bit of a change around from last season where the complaint was we were ok at home but barely managed a result away from home apart from against the bottom three.

To be fair if we better Dumbarton's result on Saturday and get at least a point we'll finish 7th in the home table which is only 1 or 2 spots away from our overall finish. We're a midtable side. If Dunfermline win at Palmerston on Saturday they will knock us down to 4th in the away table too. Raith and Dundee United are quite skewed towards home form but generally most clubs are in roughly the same order.

How are we judging "Offence" and "Defence" here? If it's goals then we've scored 5th most (equal with Dumbarton), behind the top three and St Mirren, whose turnaround since January is top two form. Our goals scored is decent enough and consistent with our league standing. Goals conceded are 6th equal too, behind everyone we're below in the table. Defence has clearly been the problem most of the season though, and in particular continual failure to deal with defensive set pieces. This is where the most improvement is needed.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1493822678.150798.jpg

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1493822688.319129.jpg

Noticed that the other day. Was pretty astonished we were second bottom. When was the last time our away form was better than our home? It's normally our home form that keeps us going. And when was the last time we were so high in the away form stats? Pretty impressive. Shame our home form goosed us.

Unfortunately the stats do not lie. Second worst home record isn't all that surprising since the end of the 1st Quarter. Luckily Queens are third best away from home. Also 6th in Offence and 7th in Defence also tells it's own story. With the Quarter Total pojnts of 18, 2, 15 & 8 with one game to play you can certainly see where Queens spiralled down the league with 7 straight defeats in Q2.

Hiya RUSTY