The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

The home kit is good. I like an all blue effort now and again. Mind you, a poor clip art type sponsors logo can ruin even the best looking kit. 

I would imagine the logo will be the same as it was in 08/09 when they won it and we wore the shirts in the European season.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I would imagine the logo will be the same as it was in 08/09 when they won it and we wore the shirts in the European season.

I didn't know who won the draw before I posted, but the last time Houston's won the logo was decent enough.

As you say, I doubt it will have changed much, if any since then. 

Incidentally, do you know how many sponsors entered this time SD?

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Going by their website, their company logo is different now ... assuming that was their company logo on the shirts and not something drawn up especially for them

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Going by their website, their company logo is different now ... assuming that was their company logo on the shirts and not something drawn up especially for them

Yeah looks like it is different now. We will see what Stuart wants to do obviously.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Given it was the european kit I think they should use the same logo

The European kit itself was a one-off though, wasn't it?

The sponsor was the same all that season, but it's not as if that season's kit is particularly resonant because of the two games against foreign opposition.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The European kit itself was a one-off though, wasn't it?

The sponsor was the same all that season, but it's not as if that season's kit is particularly resonant because of the two games against foreign opposition.

I dont think there was a special European kit, was there, other than there being some writing on the top? I might be wrong

You dont think our first, and only, games in Europe are worthy of recognition?

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont think there was a special European kit, was there, other than there being some writing on the top? I might be wrong

There was a standalone European kit, albeit it was not available for public sale. The domestic kit was the better one.

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

13 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

There was a standalone European kit, albeit it was not available for public sale. The domestic kit was the better one.

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

I had forgotten that but you are right. There was no special embroidery or anything on the UEFA one but it was a separate top and each player got to keep theirs after the Norsjaelland match, albeit a number of them threw them into the crowd that night. I have Andy Aitken's UEFA top which I won in the raffle at his Testimonial Dinner. Its framed up and signed by the squad that night.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

29 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Who many last year?

192 I think. 

This was the 21st season of the shirt draw and 165 is the 4th most entries. The previous two years were both in the 190's but the highest was in 2008 when the draw was in the run up to the Scottish Cup Final and over 200 entered. That of course being the previous time JB Houston won.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

192 I think. 

This was the 21st season of the shirt draw and 165 is the 4th most entries. The previous two years were both in the 190's but the highest was in 2008 when the draw was in the run up to the Scottish Cup Final and over 200 entered. That of course being the previous time JB Houston won.

A good turn out and hats off to the local business community that continue to support the club. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I had forgotten that but you are right. There was no special embroidery or anything on the UEFA one but it was a separate top and each player got to keep theirs after the Norsjaelland match, albeit a number of them threw them into the crowd that night. I have Andy Aitken's UEFA top which I won in the raffle at his Testimonial Dinner. Its framed up and signed by the squad that night.

There was UEFA Cup printing under the crest of the domestic replica shirts. 

Edited by qos_75

8 hours ago, Mr X said:

As others have said, there was a different kit for the European tie, to follow the other unique ones for the semi final and final of the Scottish Cup.  It must mean that over a four month spell the players wore five different home kits. 

Of course that European appearance is "worthy of recognition".  I'm just not sure that coincidentally arriving back at the same sponsor, particularly provides it.