The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They didn't "stay away". They coincidentally all had other pre-arranged events on the same weekend.

Doesn't that mean they stayed away?

I have a prior engagement on the Saturday of the Dunfermline fixture.  It means that I'll be staying away from the game.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Doesn't that mean they stayed away?

I have a prior engagement on the Saturday of the Dunfermline fixture.  It means that I'll be staying away from the game.

Not to me it doesnt.  For me "staying away" means being sat at home and available to go but choosing not to rather than being unable to go. All three directors were out of the country at the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not to me it doesnt.  For me "staying away" means being sat at home and available to go but choosing not to rather than being unable to go. All three directors were out of the country at the weekend.

Did they know that they would all be out of the country at the same time?

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You're just attaching connotations to the phrase.

It's quite correct to say they stayed away, in the same way that I assume you stayed away from Guatemala on Tuesday.

Two weeks till the season ends and the clear out begins, starting hopefully with Robinson the first shown the door, He has been very disapointing this season, his goalkeeping has been very poor aswell as his stupid off the ball antics! He's A liability!! What an example for a goalkeeping Coach to set!

22 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Two weeks till the season ends and the clear out begins, starting hopefully with Robinson the first shown the door, He has been very disapointing this season, his goalkeeping has been very poor aswell as his stupid off the ball antics! He's A liability!! What an example for a goalkeeping Coach to set!

Isn't he signed up for next season already? I might be wrong 

For me, the number one priority is for the Manager to get a defence built for next season. I think I'm right in saying we've let in more goals at home than even the teams below us. We need a right back and three central defenders at least. After yesterday I was thinking we need a left back as well.

Sure if Naysmith signs a new No1 he will leave straight away.

Why would he though? Surely his current contract has the coaching side written in so even if Naysmith brought in another GK, Robinson would still be the coach. I imagine it'll be a decent wage he is on so even if he's not playing I highly doubt he'll leave. He spent the majority of his time at The Rangers on the bench so I think he's happy enough doing it.

As DHD said, he's going nowhere.

Very strong and honest words from the manager after Saturdays game. If only the players could deliver the same passion as the boss. Naysmith deserves the chance to build a team with his qualities. He wants players at the bare minimum to give 100% effort and questioned their attitude on Saturday. Will be hard for a lot of them to win back his trust but maybe his after match reaction will have the desired affect on a few. To be fair it was more lack of quality than effort that I noticed on Saturday. Does anyone think a lack of effort was apparent from some players? Will certainly be an interesting summer

Watched Saturday's game. 1st Qos game for months. Be another few months before I'm back. Poor all round. Same old fans always moaning, club are punching above their weight with position they are in. Fact.

It's not "fact", it's literally rubbish. Our average finish over the last decade is about 5th in this division so we're far from punching above our weight.

Wouldn't say it had anything to do with style or how we set up. We started the game very well, and deservedly took lead. But players went into their shells after that, don't think that has much to do with Naysmith but a problem we've had most the season once we concede. Definitely need to strengthen in defence and keeper.

Very strong and honest words from the manager after Saturdays game. If only the players could deliver the same passion as the boss. Naysmith deserves the chance to build a team with his qualities. He wants players at the bare minimum to give 100% effort and questioned their attitude on Saturday. Will be hard for a lot of them to win back his trust but maybe his after match reaction will have the desired affect on a few. To be fair it was more lack of quality than effort that I noticed on Saturday. Does anyone think a lack of effort was apparent from some players? Will certainly be an interesting summer

I question his passion tbh. After he put on our final subs on Saturday he sat in the dugout for the remainder of the game. I know there's nothing much a manager can do after he's changed it but for someone who is normally standing shouting at the sidelines it didn't really inspire passion in my eyes. Near the end when Lee asked to go up for the corner Naysmith looked at him and shrugged his shoulders. It reeked of the towel well and truly being thrown. It's hardly going to inspire you as a player if you look to the sidelines and see your gaffer in that state.

Naysmith clearly isn't happy with the tools at his disposal, and who can blame him.  However, being a good manager is all about getting the best from what you have, and I don't think anyone can truthfully say he is doing so at the moment.

It's a fine balance between "defending the players" and giving them a public dressing down when required and again I'm not convinced the way he has gone about this has been effective.

So much is riding on how many changes he is going to be able to make in the Summer.  If he knows a good percentage of the squad are going then his disdain for them isn't going to cause any problems.  However if we end up with several of them sticking around he could find he's burned too many bridges and has a demotivated squad not willing to work for him.