The Queen of the South thread

6 points between now and the end if the season should be enough to keep us safe. Surely we can manage that?

I'm really starting to worry we won't.

My main concern is that we have the best strike partnership in the league yet they never play together. I said it when he signed and was shot down, but Rankin should be on the bench with Jacobs and Thomson the starting 2 in the middle, with wide players 2 from Thomas, Carmichael and Hilson.

Second half today rated the same as the Dunfermline and Morton performances - bloody dire.

I still think we need a couple of wins, but if we stay up, we are in deep sh!t for next season without some radical surgery. Given what happened to Fowler and Skelton, Nasmyth will have to start showing some talent soon.... 

34 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

He very rarely played 2 up top at East Fife

First question to any new manager should be " do you play with 2 upfront ". If the answer is no they should say " there's the fucking door".

48 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

6 points between now and the end if the season should be enough to keep us safe. Surely we can manage that?

I'm really starting to worry we won't.

My main concern is that we have the best strike partnership in the league yet they never play together. I said it when he signed and was shot down, but Rankin should be on the bench with Jacobs and Thomson the starting 2 in the middle, with wide players 2 from Thomas, Carmichael and Hilson.

Id agree on Rankin. He started well but shoehorning him, Jacobs and Thomson into the team isnt working anymore and he, currently, is the weakest of the three.

Id start Hilson up front though. I think we need some pace and movement up top, someone to run the channels and give us a different out-ball. We're too easy to play against right now, defences can push up and squeeze the game knowing theyre not going to get beaten by a ball over the top. Hilsons pace would let us stretch the game a bit and hopefully create a bit more space in the midfield too

Why sign Dykes for another season was he playing today with sandshoes, spent the whole day on the ground, surely when playing Dobbie with Dykes it Just does not worke tan man should have been on from the beginning, how many times have we seen at Palmerston a really good first half performance and the second half dire, as a forward could some of you enlightened supporters tell me when Dykes last scored, and also when did Queens last score from a corner.
Looking forward to your enlightenment comments.

Must start Dobbie and Lyle (best goalscoring partnership in league) upfront next sat v Raith, they have a great understanding and feed of each other, midfield should consist of Thomas Thomson Jacobs and either Murray or Hilson. Defence pull the names out a bag all struggling at the moment, and leave Atkinson in goals please we need to have our best partnership start up front as we are sure to concede.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

4 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

Not answered my question as a forward when was the last time Dykes scored, i know he has been a used as a sub but what has been his goal tally this season

2 goals in challenge cup 9th Aug v Hibs and 9th October v Linfield and ONE league goal v Ayr on 13 August. Not a great return in 33 appearances.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

He won't play Dobbie and Lyle up front as a partnership away from home - too attacking! Dykes is better for knock downs but lacks awareness and physical strength whereas Lyle is a lot more street wise and know what positions to get into. Looks at 15mins Lyle played he knows where to be within the box and was unlucky not to score today (was he off side?)

5 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

The last time Lyndon Dykes scored for Queens was against Linfield on October 2016 says it all

I think Dykes has ability but he`s been poor since he was out injured. As things stand he should not be starting. It would seem our manager is one of the few people who can`t see that.

Well i still think if we had played Derek Lyle from the start when we played well, the tan man could have produced a goal for us, we all know he play's well with Dobbie, so why not play him on the first half when Queens were looking good, and when he tired on the second replace him, not happy with Naysmiths tatics.

13 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

No wonder we are struggling! Going by lots of posters posts on this site we don't have very many championship quality players in our team. Surprised we are sitting middle of the table, what a difference from 9 games in short memories some folk.

It is how you use the players you have.How to get the best out of them.Gary Naysmith says all the right things but can he get the best out of the players he has.

The Raith game are Thomas and Thomson availble for the game or are they away with Scotland.?

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

It is how you use the players you have.How to get the best out of them.Gary Naysmith says all the right things but can he get the best out of the players he has.

The Raith game are Thomas and Thomson availble for the game or are they away with Scotland.?

They will be available.

15 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Not been a season to Remember really. See out the rest of the campaign blood some of our younger guys maybe and rebuild for next season. Give young Jim a run of games. Roll on next season

You're speaking here as if the season is certain to fizzle out into mid table mediocrity.

It could be very much worse than that if we don't grab a win or two somewhere.