The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Team must start with Dobbie and Lyle upfront next sat back to basics 442 Thomas wide prob Murray other side with Thomson and Jacobs in midfield. We must start picking up points before we get dragged into the mire at the bottom. Missed opportunity today again to close the gap on Dundee utd.

Forget Dundee United.

Nothing above us in the table is our concern.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Team must start with Dobbie and Lyle upfront next sat back to basics 442 Thomas wide prob Murray other side with Thomson and Jacobs in midfield. We must start picking up points before we get dragged into the mire at the bottom. Missed opportunity today again to close the gap on Dundee utd.

Play offs a the right end of the table where long gone before today.

My hope is that Naysmith can do enough for us to avoid relegation and play off position.

As for entrusting him with the summer rebuild and next seasons campaign - not for me.

It is all very well saying that he has been given a longer term contract but I would imagine that BOD will be monitoring the remainder of this season very closely indeed.

Absolutely no progress and it is unbelievable that we are still in 5th place - surely not for much longer.

I think we'll probably just do enough to steer clear of direct trouble this season.

Like others, I'd have little faith in what Naysmith might do thereafter on current evidence.  He'll be there for a while though.  We can't go changing again so soon, unless something major happens.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think we'll probably just do enough to steer clear of direct trouble this season.

Like others, I'd have little faith in what Naysmith might do thereafter on current evidence.  He'll be there for a while though.  We can't go changing again so soon, unless something major happens.

I fear this is true.

The problem right now is not a new one. Naywins was always a mediocre appointment and he has just failed to transform into a good manager. Second bottom of League 1 is clearly not good enough for a team with Championship play-off ambitions, so it is not his fault if he turns out no good enough at the end of the season. Even if he walks or is sacked, I have zero faith that our Board will get the 'right' man in...it just has not happened yet during their tenure*, and I feel our cracks at the play-offs have been fortunate rather than pre-determined by having the right coaching staff.

* (maybe apart from McIntyre, depending which supporter you ask)

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Naysmith hasn't got a clue. Same rubbish every week. You'd think after a few defeats playing the same awful tactics that he'd change it. East Fife were really struggling when he was there and as soon as he left they started improving and currently sit 3rd. I really hope he isn't here next season. 

6 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

How's scott mercer been doing with you guys

Reconsider my earlier post, on today's showing a fuckin liability. (So is Rankin but that's a different story). Mercer taken to the cleaners more times than my demob suit. 

Why does he play DOBBIE out wide ?

Why does the play Mercer ?

Why does he play Dykes !

Why does Lyle not get a start !

Why does Carmichael not get a start ?

Why does he play one up top ?

The unreleased verse of Travis' song Why Does it Always Rain on Me?

No wonder we are struggling! Going by lots of posters posts on this site we don't have very many championship quality players in our team. Surprised we are sitting middle of the table, what a difference from 9 games in short memories some folk.

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

No wonder we are struggling! Going by lots of posters posts on this site we don't have very many championship quality players in our team. Surprised we are sitting middle of the table, what a difference from 9 games in short memories some folk.

So you are happy with things at the moment.

We`ve been desperate of late.

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The fact we're as high as fifth owes everything to those opening games.

I don't think anyone lamenting the vast bulk of the last twenty odd games, needs a short memory to do so.

17 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Those 9 games are the main reason we are currently midtable and not rock bottom. I'm sorry but even the happiest of happy clappers can't enjoy watching this dross.

Guest Flash

16 points from the first 6 games. 

19 points from the next 23 games.

If those had been the first 23 games, we would have been 9th, 2 points behind Ayr.

Wonder whether a 6 game sample is a better indication of quality than a 23 game one? Not sure.

Edited by Flash

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

16 points from the first 6 games. 

19 points from the next 23 games.

If those had been the first 23 games, we would have been 9th, 2 points behind Ayr.

Wonder whether if a 6 game sample is a better indication of quality than a 23 game one? Not sure.

I wonder too if recent games might provide a better illustration of where we're at, than some from six or seven months ago.