The Queen of the South thread

Hard too say judging from the day but I'd keep hilson Lyle Atkinson and brownlie

This is the same 4 I would keep, along with the 6 already signed, so we will need 6/7 new signings in the summer

IMO Keeping Hilson, rates the same as any argument for keeping Tapping. There's nothing like the team not playing well to raise the profile of guys who never play, for whatever reason that is!

I wouldn't think a mega -clearance is particularly wise, given we will have to find replacements for Thomas and Thomson for starters. Of the first team regulars:

I am one of the people that Robinson is bugging at the moment but he is a good shot stopper. Maybe keep him but I would be less sorry to see him go than at any time previously.

Back 4 - keep Brownlie, Dowie and Marshall

Midfield - keep Rankin, Jacobs & - maybe Carmichael

Forwards - keep Dobbie and Lyle

Would like to see us get a couple more wins before manager chucks young boys on to see what they can do. 

Dowie is finished and if Brownlie is the best we can afford we should chuck it. Lyle should be binned too, we need 90min players.

Brownlie is fine as a third centre back, we need 2 better than him though.
And Lyle still is a 90 minute player.

As far as I'm aware, Hilson's injuries have been different problems, whereas Tapping has been out with the same problem repeatedly. I'd keep Hilson as he does give us something going forward, and has the versatility to play in a few positions.

Naysmith has a massive job to do in the summer, and I'm sure gel already beer putting the wheels in motion on that.

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Atkinson Hilson 

Why would keep either player ?

Atkinson needs to leave it is no good to Queens or the player always on the bench .

Hilson when fit is a decent player but he is injury prone just to much of a gamble to give him a new contract.

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Dowie is finished and if Brownlie is the best we can afford we should chuck it. Lyle should be binned too, we need 90min players.

Wouldn't be against us taking all three of them at us to be honest - Lyle especially. He's a horrible wee guy to play against, and that's my favourite sort of player. Tremendous wind up merchant with a knack of scoring goals. Ideal.

I would keep Andy Dowie - he's a quality player and they are difficult to replace at our level. He's still only 33, which is not generally too old for a central defender. I know he's been a bit shaky this year, but then so has the whole team defensively. If Naysmith is going to go with 2 young full backs next year in Mercer & Marshall, then a bit of experience in central defence will be needed. Sign another good central defender to play alongside him, keep Brownlie as cover and let Higgy move on. 

28 minutes ago, Flash said:

Do they miss the Raith game?

I don't know but I wouldn't have thought so. It's a friendly being played in Scotland so I'd presume that even if they join up with the squad before then they'd likely be released to play on the Saturday anyway. Like I say though, I don't know. Didn't know they were being called up until this morning. I don't think either has been called up before.