The Queen of the South thread

Atkinson time has come to move on no good to anyone him on the bench every game.Hilson contract has to be a play and pay contract Surely we can, gamble on his fitness again.

If/when we get to the point that the playoffs are out of sight, one of the first things Naysmith should do is get Atkinson in the office and say "now's your chance lad!"

Get him between the sticks for the rest of the season and let's see if he can earn a place next year.

17 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

If/when we get to the point that the playoffs are out of sight, one of the first things Naysmith should do is get Atkinson in the office and say "now's your chance lad!"

Get him between the sticks for the rest of the season and let's see if he can earn a place next year.

On the few occasions I've seen Atkinson play I've been very taken with his distribution. Would indeed be interesting to see him give a chance if only to see how he compares to Lee in that department.

Is he really that good though? He's not played often enough to make a judgement.

Several managers have overlooked him and it can't just be his age that has counted against him.

Tend to agree. Haven't seen much of him lately but recollection was that he didn't seem very imposing and positionally a bit erratic. He's probably improved since then but clearly be better with more game time.

ONE point in NINE not good enough, surely Naysmith must see Dobbie will never be a lone striker give the player a chance his confidence must be getting low! He was flying earlier on in the season but he was getting a lot more help.

18 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

ONE point in NINE not good enough, surely Naysmith must see Dobbie will never be a lone striker give the player a chance his confidence must be getting low! He was flying earlier on in the season but he was getting a lot more help.

That's Gary Naysmith now had 15 games: 4 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats. An average of 0.88 points per game. Played out across the season so far we would be in the relegation play-off on 24 points and the teams around us would have a game in hand. 

Obviously fifteen is an arbitrary number in a 10 team league and I am just picking it up because I am feeling disillusioned right now. Still not great reading (and a worse record than Skelton, although he jumped after four defeats in a row and no wins in eight, so not comparable).

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Guest Flash

I think since before Naysmith came in, the real target has been staying up. The talk of 4th was horseshit. Naysmith moaning about not getting a point tonight. Plus Robinson timewasting in the first half of the last 2 games. If we were genuinely trying to finish 4th, we would be busting a gut trying to win. Not trying to grind out a point.

Don't get me wrong, staying up is fine after the run we had when we were heading straight down. But thinking we could finish 4th with that defence and latterly with the way we have been playing is delusion.

Scott Mercer has to do better.He is our weak link in defence the step up had been to much for him.I just hope we did not pay £10,000 for him.

Naysmith has a huge job in the summer the squad needs major work just hope he is up to the job.

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Scott Mercer has to do better.He is our weak link in defence the step up had been to much for him.I just hope we did not pay £10,000 for him.

Naysmith has a huge job in the summer the squad needs major work just hope he is up to the job.

He's not been great but tbf he is playing on the wrong wing because Marshall is out. Mind you Hamill had another poor game too.

That's Gary Naysmith now had 15 games: 4 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats. An average of 0.88 points per game. Played out across the season so far we would be in the relegation play-off on 24 points and the teams around us would have a game in hand. 
Obviously fifteen is an arbitrary number in a 10 team league and I am just picking it up because I am feeling disillusioned right now. Still not great reading (and a worse record than Skelton, although he jumped after four defeats in a row and no wins in eight, so not comparable).

I can't say in all honesty that I have been impressed with Gary Naysmith.

East Fife supporters were very critical of the style of football that they played under him and sadly we are seeing a very similar pattern developing.

Defence has been awful, midfield can't keep the ball, and up front we are simply wasting our marquee signing by not deploying him properly.

No sign of any innovative tactics or coaching that leads you to believe that it will not be more of the same between now and end of season.

I think since before Naysmith came in, the real target has been staying up. The talk of 4th was horseshit. Naysmith moaning about not getting a point tonight. Plus Robinson timewasting in the first half of the last 2 games. If we were genuinely trying to finish 4th, we would be busting a gut trying to win. Not trying to grind out a point.
Don't get me wrong, staying up is fine after the run we had when we were heading straight down. But thinking we could finish 4th with that defence and latterly with the way we have been playing is delusion.

Pretty much this. Before a ball was kicked (and certainly before Dobbie signed) I think most thought 7th/8th was the realistic target. The run at the start got everyone expecting too much (myself included). The fact is that even though the football has been very poor at times, 5th spot would be an excellent finish this season.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

In the league, it is 4 wins 5 draws and 5 defeats. An average of 1.21 per game, which would be 34 points, roughly where we are just now.

If the Dundee U cup game is included, it is 17 points from 15 games, which is 1.13 per game which would be about 32 points.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

In the league, it is 4 wins 5 draws and 5 defeats. An average of 1.21 per game, which would be 34 points, roughly where we are just now.

If the Dundee U cup game is included, it is 17 points from 15 games, which is 1.13 per game which would be about 32 points.

Quite right, I did 15 / 17 by error.