The Queen of the South thread

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:38, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure of the dates but if Dykes was playing for the 20's while Skelton was assistant (I'm sure he was) then he'll have seen him play a few times at that level. Fowler and Skelton regularly attended 20's games (the games I went to see at least).

I'd stick with Dykes for another year. My biggest issue is that for two home games in a row he's been brought on and used as a target man. We're a weaker side in general when we go long (high) but I don't think Dykes is particularly great in the air so I hope that's not what he's expecting from the lad.

Dykes left the 20's to go back to Australia in Jan 2015 and Skelton didn't join Queens until June 2015 so he wouldn't have seen him play for the 20's.

Now there is only 2 points between 6th and 9th place, after Ayr won 1-0 against Raith tonight, who
played with Ryan Stevenson in goal. I'm so glad Queens are in 5th place, 7 points ahead of the team in 6th place.

You love stating the obvious.

Appears as if someone would rather close the Pars vs. Doonhamers thread hat I started earlier today and allow someone else to start this instead over the weekend. Rather bewildering to say the least and nonsensical.

Edited by RUSTY1111

Appears as if someone would rather close the Pars vs. Doonhamers thread that I started and allow someone else to start this instead. Rather bewildering to say the least.

Or just wait until the weekends games are out of the way first, rather than getting yourself excited at starting the thread like a proper super fan.

1 minute ago, QosLoyal said:

Bit early just now for this maybe, but i hope we keep the same tops as this season. Does it have to be changed every year?

I'm sure that's exactly the sort of thing that could/should be raised with the SLO at the next meeting.  It didn't particularly bother me, but using the "wrong" shade of blue irked a number of our supporters and it would be a bit of an own goal by the club to deviate after the success of this season's top.  There's no denying it's a topper.

Bit early just now for this maybe, but i hope we keep the same tops as this season. Does it have to be changed every year?

Was thinking this the other day. Can't see this season's design being bettered. Keep the same home design but with a new sponsor, maybe change the away one.

I'd imagine that for commercial reasons, there's no way the kit will go unchanged.
Regrettable if you ask me, but surely the reality.

I'd be interested to know how much we actually make from kit sales. Surely it can't be that much?

I've bought this year's one twice, after my washing machine tore the first one apart.

Shame Dykes and to a lesser extent Robinson (player Goalie Coach) were signed up for next season before Naysmith took over as don't think either are up to it. Time to give Atkinson a chance in goal.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Shame Dykes and to a lesser extent Robinson (player Goalie Coach) were signed up for next season before Naysmith took over as don't think either are up to it. Time to give Atkinson a chance in goal.

Robinson is irritating with his antics, but he's still a decent goalkeeper, who made a couple of good saves today, despite the free kick.  I do struggle to see what Dykes offers though.

5 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Dale Hilson back is a real boost. Hope he gets game time soon

Remarkable reappearance considering he was out for the rest of the season. Must be a quick healer.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Shame Dykes and to a lesser extent Robinson (player Goalie Coach) were signed up for next season before Naysmith took over as don't think either are up to it. 

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse.