The Queen of the South thread

And disproven.

No one said that they haven't made mistakes. The substantial profit on the accounts, and the diverse income streams that the club now have says they are doing more good than bad.

Yes, the concert was a busted flush, but I think everyone recognised that we would rather the club tried different things to make use of the assets it possesses. The work with the arena and the kgv, as well as the improvements made to palmerston, are huge positives that will benefit the club for a number of years to come.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

No one said that they haven't made mistakes. The substantial profit on the accounts, and the diverse income streams that the club now have says they are doing more good than bad.

Yes, the concert was a busted flush, but I think everyone recognised that we would rather the club tried different things to make use of the assets it possesses. The work with the arena and the kgv, as well as the improvements made to palmerston, are huge positives that will benefit the club for a number of years to come.

The point is though that such a thing is subjective and dependent on the criteria you use.

It's no more been proven that a good job has been done, than has the reverse.

I think we should at least know what the plan is for the future. I've not seen anywhere what our target was for this season unless I missed it. Read something from the chairman about being halfway through a journey until the club is sustainable, whatever that means.

5 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Carmichael because we know what he is capable of at this level. He hasn't really been fully fit this season but I would like to think that with a full pre-season behind him he'd have more of an impact. His first touch is definitely still there.

I think it's Danny's last touch that needs working on.  

2 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I think we should at least know what the plan is for the future. I've not seen anywhere what our target was for this season unless I missed it. Read something from the chairman about being halfway through a journey until the club is sustainable, whatever that means.

I believe there is another meeting being arranged by the Supporters Liaison Officer, next week I think, why don't you pop along and see if anyone there can give you some answers.

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I believe there is another meeting being arranged by the Supporters Liaison Officer, next week I think, why don't you pop along and see if anyone there can give you some answers.

I've asked it here. Why can't they put it on the OS?

In every interview I've heard with a manager or player this season top four finish has been the stated aim when questioned.

I suppose they could mention their 3 year plan on the OS, but I'm assuming we all know the jist of the high level aims.

Ideally = promotion while breaking even.
Mid table championship while breaking even = acceptable.

1 hour ago, Senior_Coconut said:

emoji6.png

You were asking about the trust buying shares which is different from me stating I don't know what the club has planned, it wasn't even a specific question but a general fact. It's probably confidential anyway. And where have I asked for opinions?

He has played so few games that unless you are seeing him regularly at training it is very difficult to make an informed call.

Personally I think he has done pretty well when he has come in - he played brilliantly away at Morton on the night we went down to 9 men. Yes he brought down Boyle but I think it is harsh to blame him for the Kenny Miller fluke.He is good with ball at feet and his handling is decent. Cross balls - when did we last have a keeper who dominates cross balls so he joins a long list there.

His call on his next move but surely he can't contemplate another season as No 2.

Huge week coming up starting with Falkirk (H) that will determine what our season turns out to be.

Akin to the glorious week in April 2015 when we took care of Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk. Let's hope for the same outcome.

That performance against Rangers on the Thursday night will live with me forever as the most exciting and satisfying one I have ever witnessed at Palmerston as we swept them away with wave after wave of classic, pacy counter attacking.