The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

This is exactly what I'm on about. I don't recall any mention of this supposed "us and them" mentality until the Trust started this futile exercise.

I fear there is a real chance it will have done more harm than good.

I can think of instances when many of the more active fans did not feel part of the club.

The idea that because things are currently reasonably settled, fans can never have a worthwhile role, does not strike me as sensible.

" What's his plan to move the Club forward ? "  To where exactly ?

Nothing too ambitious I hope.   I seem to remember Charlton being at least top 10 Premiership but the fans wanting to ' go to the next level ' .  That was their tragic undoing, a sad tale since.  Scotland and England are littered with similar casualties.

It seems to be the nature of certain people that they need a source of conflict.   Just chill and enjoy supporting your team.

I

To be fair the rationale for having one hasn't been made particularly clear either.

The whole thing just seems like a massive waste of time to me. The only thing to come out of it will be lots of ill feeling between various parties.

I fail to see how it can be a bad thing unless the Trust voted some roaster onto the board.

It's been nothing but positive for ourselves. We have a Trust rep on our board who does some excellent work for the club and gives us a voice at boardroom level. Having someone on the board who questions some decisions from a fans perspective isn't a bad thing.

Our Supporters Trust in general has been invaluble with the recent stadium debacle. Having someone on the board has only helped that.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I fail to see how it can be a bad thing unless the Trust voted some roaster onto the board.

For me, this was one of the problems. The Trust should have had their "candidate" already chosen. It was like asking for a blank cheque. Also the Trust had no idea of the financial and legal responsibilities attached to the post of Director. Maybe next time if they're better organised.

4 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

"The onus is on the people saying "no" to trust their supporters and explain why".

I thought Norman Blount explained it fairly succinctly on behalf of the Board and the majority of the shareholders present. I assume you were there?

What a terrible situation, you're right, let's have somebody with no money, no business acumen and no knowledge of legal consequences involved in running Queen of the South.

What does having money have to do with it? They are there to give the fans representation, not fund and run the entire club.

For me, this was one of the problems. The Trust should have had their "candidate" already chosen. It was like asking for a blank cheque. Also the Trust had no idea of the financial and legal responsibilities attached to the post of Director. Maybe next time if they're better organised.

You have a vote, after the position has been secured. There's zero point in doing it before hand. It's the position they are trying to secure.

Find it a bit strange that the board are receiving support on such a move but each to their own. Have the trust made some sort of boon in the past? Are the guys running it not up to much? I can only compare it to ourselves, which like I said, has been nothing but positive.

6 hours ago, JessieField said:

I thought Norman Blount explained it fairly succinctly on behalf of the Board and the majority of the shareholders present. I assume you were there?

I wasn't there.

Could you paraphrase or summarise it for me please?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Whilst Queens are currently in a situation where the club is being well run that may not always be the case and is why some sort of supporters representation is very useful. Its easy to become complacent and who knows what the future may hold. I fail to see the problem with having a fans rep on the board unless its the bod are unhappy  that its coming from the trust and not a broader representation of the fan base.

Edited by Shadwell Dog