The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, louisxiv said:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1487362425.004236.jpg

Does anyone else remember the day Neil Armstrong came to Dumfries? I recall people lining up to view a convoy of black cars with American flags on the Annan Road. Early 70s I guess. 

It was actually rumoured that he visited Stranraer prior to his trip to the moon as he wanted to prepare in a desolate place with zero atmosphere.

Well, back to the football.

Quote  from John Rankine.  " It would also give the players something to look back on, especially for the guys who are coming towards the end of their careers.  The likes of Andy Dowie, Derek Lyle, Jamie Hamill and Chris Higgins are all in their 30's now and they are looking to win something before they finish playing."

Notice he doesn't include himself in that list.   Seems blissfully unaware of Del's medal haul and legendary status and that Higgins is a ' double winning ' Captain from the most positive and entertaining season that I can remember.

Ii may well be that none of those guys will be with us next season - is he trying to tell us something in advance ?

I would certainly hope that Del Boy would be given another season though many had him written off for this one. If not, then I suspect Airdrie would be a likely destination for not just him but the others too.

Missed the point matey, AGAIN !

I shall elaborate for you.

" Ultimately it comes down to the medals you have in the house, not the money that you have in the bank."

Del, especially, and Higgy are doing alright in the medal stakes thank you very much - cannot comment on their financial status though. He is being quite disrespectful to them there.

Maybe he has a lucrative contract but most players at this level play to make ends meet, not to accumulate wealth.

I can see what he is trying to do here but it is a very poor attempt at being a motivational Captain, more an arrogant one.

Of course, if he drives the team on to victory next week and ultimately to a play-off spot then he may be excused !

" Ultimately it comes down to the medals you have in the house, not the money that you have in the bank."
Del, especially, and Higgy are doing alright in the medal stakes thank you very much - cannot comment on their financial status though. He is being quite disrespectful to them there.
Maybe he has a lucrative contract but most players at this level play to make ends meet, not to accumulate wealth.
I can see what he is trying to do here but it is a very poor attempt at being a motivational Captain, more an arrogant one.
Of course, if he drives the team on to victory next week and ultimately to a play-off spot then he may be excused !

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Or maybe he simply meant they want to win something else before they finish and you're reading way too much into it

Was Kevin Holt any good at free kicks for you guys? I've been wanting him to take one for us for a while as he seems to have a good strike on him and I remember his goal against Rangers for you well. Was that a one off or was he pretty adept at hitting the target?

Interesting. He clearly loves taking them against Rangers.

AGM this Monday night.                         Will it be the usual nothing much happening? or could we be about to get a supporters based director onto the board and a new Chairman on the same night? Lots of talk going around that Mr Hewitson is to step-down if this is the case he has to be congratulated on all he has done while being Chairman.

It would be great to get a supporters representive on the board but am afraid I just can't see this happening "closed shop".

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

AGM this Monday night.                         Will it be the usual nothing much happening? or could we be about to get a supporters based director onto the board and a new Chairman on the same night? Lots of talk going around that Mr Hewitson is to step-down if this is the case he has to be congratulated on all he has done while being Chairman.

It would be great to get a supporters representive on the board but am afraid I just can't see this happening "closed shop".

How do you get out of a closed shop?

11 hours ago, JTulip said:

Queens Trust Statement...

http://queenstrust.org/?p=898

Nice statement.

My only question would be, do the Trust have plans in place to communicate with all fans, should they be successful? I can see how a Trust member on the Board improves communication between the club and the Trust but what plans are there to communicate with fans outside of the Trust?